Politics, Economics & The New World Order.

I suspect the truth is somewhere between the cosy version of reality presented by the likes of the BBC and the nonsense theories about secret societies preached by some.

Rich people do gather together, and they do also get involved with politicians. Rich people definitely want to get richer, and have the influence to make this happen. The WEF is basically a structured way of making this happen - rich people and businesses pay for it, they entertain the politicians. Presumably they don't do this out of charity, it must give them a return on their investment.

Bill Gates is a good example, he has all kinds of vast financial interests and also mixes with and advises politicians.

Sponsored Links
I suspect the truth is somewhere between the cosy version of reality presented by the likes of the BBC and the nonsense theories about secret societies preached by some.

Rich people do gather together, and they do also get involved with politicians. Rich people definitely want to get richer, and have the influence to make this happen. The WEF is basically a structured way of making this happen - rich people and businesses pay for it, they entertain the politicians. Presumably they don't do this out of charity, it must give them a return on their investment.

Bill Gates is a good example, he has all kinds of vast financial interests and also mixes with and advises politicians.
I don't disagree about collusion between the mega-rich and politics. However what's ironic is, if some (many?) of the people who moan about this became mega-rich themselves, they'd also want to protect and grow their wealth in whatever ways possible.

Call it apathy if you like, however from my perspective I just think it won't change. From year dot we've had those with and those without. Those with power and those without. I'm not saying it's right, I'm simply stating the fact. What I also know is if anyone thinks this dynamic will ever change, they're deluded.

We, humankind, are what we are. It ain't changing ...

I'm not a billionaire and never will be. For the simple reason that, if I had a few million quid sitting in the bank I'd probably give up doing whatever I did to make it all and just spend my life having fun.

The likes of BIll Gates seem troubled to me. He has more money than he and all his descendants could ever spend. Yet he keeps putting in great amounts of time and effort into making more. I don't get this, it seems like the rich suffer from some kind of wealth addiction, almost like they take pleasure in making everyone else poorer, by taking more money for themselves.

He dresses up some of what he does as charity, but keeps making tons of profit as a sideline.

I want someone to correct me if I'm wrong (mean that genuinely) however I suspect when it comes to things like theories about the new world order etc, people that believe it have been talking about it 'happening' for decades maybe even centuries, albeit under different banners i.e. maybe not referred to as new world order.

So, if it's happening, when will the masses realise 'oh sh1t, this IS happening!!!' What I mean by that is such things are talked about year in year out, decade in decade out. Meanwhile, the average person is born, goes through their life, then dies ... without any real sense of big brother etc. Seems to me there are a lot of false dawns around this sort of stuff, a bit like people saying 'Jesus is coming, we will all be judged!!!' well, according to these people, Jesus has been due to appear for the last few hundred years, so when exactly is he due?

Now, I suspect some will read this and think 'a ha, that's what 'they' want you to think or more to the point, not think. You've been lulled into a false sense of being in control whereas 'they' are in control and you don't even realise it!' However even if that's true, I go back to my earlier point. We're born, we live, we die. How many of us genuinely feel as though we're not in control of our life?

And as I've said in other threads, even if elements of all this are true e.g. only 3 people actually control the world etc, so what? What is the average person meant to do about it? Oh yeah that's right, we need to uprise and take back control. Then what? Cause as I've also said before, we still need structure, we still need managers, we still need leaders. And the same old traits (desire for power, greed, corruption etc) would soon start to resurface.
We're entering into another revolution a technological revolution thanks to the internet and the old order of doing things is changing at a pace. Do we just have things done to us eg 15 minute cities or do we change a political system that protects itself.?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We're entering into another revolution a technological revolution thanks to the internet and the old order of doing things is changing at a pace. Do we just have things done to us eg 15 minute cities or do we change a political system that protects itself.?
We just have things done to us. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong, just stating the fact. The average person is simply getting on with their life. And I'll say it again, change 'the system' to what? The same old traits in whoever was running the show would eventually come to the fore, leading to the same old issues. So what's the point? As I say, call it apathy if you like.

We're entering into another revolution a technological revolution thanks to the internet and the old order of doing things is changing at a pace
BT announced massive job losses today, 55,000 by the end of the decade (not that far off). That's about 40% of the workforce being made redundant, mostly due to AI. I think we should all be worried.

BT announced massive job losses today, 55,000 by the end of the decade (not that far off). That's about 40% of the workforce being made redundant, mostly due to AI. I think we should all be worried.
Sounds like an excuse to me. Is AI going to climb up a pole and wire up a cable?

More likely they've built up vast numbers of nonsense admin jobs and have finally worked out they're all unproductive so are just having a much-needed clearout.

Whatever it it is A1, robots the workforce is in for change with a lot unemployed, how's that play out?
As has been commented on working from home for now but for how long before it goes overseas.

Companies tried outsourcing call centres to India and elsewhere and it was largely a disaster, as customers hated talking to people who hardly spoke English and knew nothing about the products.

AI will be more of the same. If you ring or email about a problem with your connection then I doubt that AI is going to make much sense of it. What's it going to do - tell you to switch it off and on, then book an appointment for someone to fix it. This can be (and is) already done by a website.

Jobs have always been on the brink of being eliminated. Through history, something else comes along that employs people instead. Nobody works in mills hand-weaving cloth, we firstly got machines for that then it went overseas. Yet we still keep finding something to do all day.

I'm not a billionaire and never will be. For the simple reason that, if I had a few million quid sitting in the bank I'd probably give up doing whatever I did to make it all and just spend my life having fun.

The likes of BIll Gates seem troubled to me. He has more money than he and all his descendants could ever spend. Yet he keeps putting in great amounts of time and effort into making more. I don't get this, it seems like the rich suffer from some kind of wealth addiction, almost like they take pleasure in making everyone else poorer, by taking more money for themselves.

He dresses up some of what he does as charity, but keeps making tons of profit as a sideline.
'If' they (people who become very successful in a financial sense) are to be believed, money isn't the primary driver, certainly at the early stages. Whether this is actually true or not, MMmmm, I have my doubts, although in some cases I could believe it so. One thing is for sure, most of these people are different from the rest of us, they are wired differently, hence why they become them and we become us. And I suppose, if you reach the heights of Musk, Gates, Bezos etc, it must be challenging not to believe the hype, a bit like A list celebs who are constantly told they can do no wrong.

In summary I'd assert yes, these people are of course driven by the financial motive, however there's more to it than that.

I think it can quite easily be argued that not all 'progress' in an industrial and/or technical sense is necessarily good for the worker. Hundreds of examples can be called on e.g. the power plant that requires 200 staff to manage/maintain it, then thanks to advances in technology, this can be reduced to 20 people. Or look at what's happening with the threat of automation for public transport. Yes there might be benefits to these changes, however drivers and associated staff won't necessarily look at it that way.

Through history, the experts tell us not to worry and that people will retrain and transition to other roles. In most cases this is no doubt true. However I think with each generational changes, some people are simply left by the wayside and never get back into the workplace, or indeed enter it in the first place.

No doubt we'll be told the same with AI i.e. don't worry, people will transition into different and/or supporting roles. Only time will tell.

Some even say the more the robots can do, the more leisure time that'll mean for the rest of us. However how does that work in terms of tax take etc? If we're all sitting on our ar5es cause the AI robots are doing more and more jobs, who's generating income that can in turn be taxed?

No doubt it'll all broadly sort itself out, however I'm pleased I have maybe a decade or so to go work wise before I retire. Leave the young ones to it ...

Are any of the original Luddites still out of work???

'If' they (people who become very successful in a financial sense) are to be believed, money isn't the primary driver, certainly at the early stages. Whether this is actually true or not, MMmmm, I have my doubts, although in some cases I could believe it so. One thing is for sure, most of these people are different from the rest of us, they are wired differently, hence why they become them and we become us. And I suppose, if you reach the heights of Musk, Gates, Bezos etc, it must be challenging not to believe the hype, a bit like A list celebs who are constantly told they can do no wrong.

In summary I'd assert yes, these people are of course driven by the financial motive, however there's more to it than that.
The rich elites we all know of are probably a deranged minority. Most people who get fairly wealthy, perhaps a couple of million or so, probably do just put their feet up and spend their time quietly enjoying themselves and we never hear of them.

This is why I believe we should fear the super-rich. It's not just that they're rich, it's that they want more and more of it, without limit. For no good practical reason, just because they have the power to get it all.

Sponsored Links
Back