Poll: Will you be booking a foreign holiday this year?

With travel restrictions being lifted, would you book a foreign holiday for this year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This poll only applies to holidays booked from now. Personally, I’ve still got one trip booked for October that I booked pre lockdown and I’m undecided whether to go or not even if I am allowed to.

Sponsored Links
Nah, accepted that this year is a washout. Don't much fancy sitting on a plane until this is all over tbh.

Also, I don't think I'd like being in a foreign hospital if I came down with it, or stuck in a hotel room. When I feel poorly I tend to want to be at home with home comforts.

Sponsored Links
You might like to have a look at this
I knew someone would put that up - read about it last night.

It's not about level of care. It's about the ability to understand. I've been sick in hospital abroad before and I found it harder because I couldn't speak the language. I'm one of those people who takes comfort in knowing what's being said about me when I am a bit worried about my health.

No.

I don't see the point in going to a restaurant , pub, hotel, pool, either here or abroad, if we have to sit behind plastic screens, pre-book everywhere, drink from plastic glasses, and generally live in some sort of science fiction movie turned real.

We've got decent weather , a nice house and garden, money to buy nice food and drink, and I don't mind cooking (and fingers crossed, it stays this way), so staying in will be far more pleasant all round.

You might like to have a look at this

;) I struck me that holidaying in certain countries that wouldn't normally be tempting might be a good idea.

To get a place in this years holiday in mid Sept we had to book last year and pay the lot by a couple of weeks ago. Treat from my wife so she'd being paying substantial amounts to spread the cost. Total is about 6k. Mentioned cancelling and were told must pay the lot first. They had said they would make their mind up if it was on in June. Asked and no clear reply really and they mentioned that cancelling would not give a complete refund. Net effect - looks like we with be some k out of pocket, several of them. She's written to them saying we are cancelling.

This holiday includes flights and mostly time on a ship with several stop with trips out probably in coaches. We are both just in our 70's.

;) I struck me that holidaying in certain countries that wouldn't normally be tempting might be a good idea.

To get a place in this years holiday in mid Sept we had to book last year and pay the lot by a couple of weeks ago. Treat from my wife so she'd being paying substantial amounts to spread the cost. Total is about 6k. Mentioned cancelling and were told must pay the lot first. They had said they would make their mind up if it was on in June. Asked and no clear reply really and they mentioned that cancelling would not give a complete refund. Net effect - looks like we with be some k out of pocket, several of them. She's written to them saying we are cancelling.

This holiday includes flights and mostly time on a ship with several stop with trips out probably in coaches. We are both just in our 70's.

How do you get on with foreign languages ajohn?

Its being cooped up in a plane that puts me off.

and I wont be going to Bournemouth beach anytime soon.

Moved my Sep holiday to next year. The thought of a 'CV19 spike' popping up whilst abroad and screwing everything is one I can do without. :(

I ve just booked Norfolk up in July for thd family. I think it's my duty to spend my money in this country.

See how things go and I may go Vietnam or somewhere out that way in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back