Poll: Will you be booking a foreign holiday this year?

With travel restrictions being lifted, would you book a foreign holiday for this year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I said I’m not going anywhere, Mrs Mottie suggested a break in Jersey. We can drive/ferry there instead of flying and getting around on pubic (pardon the pun) transport.

Sponsored Links
Nah, accepted that this year is a washout. Don't much fancy sitting on a plane until this is all over tbh.
not at all keen on a plane either, but my big worry would be getting locked in my hotel room for a fortnight then a further fortnights lockdown on getting back home.

we were going todo our first ever cruise this year - zero chance of that now.

I booked a sailing trip for end of July a couple of days ago. I have another in August, I'm flying Heathrow to Athens. There are still some good deals around.

Its slightly different for me, as I'm in a kindof Boat timeshare, so its use it or loose it.

I don't think I'd fancy an all inclusive hotel though. For us the biggest risk will be the plane and taxi. I might book a hire car instead.

Can't carry on working without holidays to look forward to, particularly now I'm back full time. I normally spend the summer sailing, not this year.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I know we wont know which countries get bridges until Monday, but based on the reports, I cannot fathom why Brussels made the cut and Portugal didn't. Is there some politics I'm not aware of? I'm slightly suspicious that the process was partly to undermine the EU.

We've cancelled one trip to the Loire valley in France, one trip to Grindelwald in Switzerland and one cruise in the Med.....not considering anything at all until this time next year.
Thankfully, we've got all of the cash back, minus the cruise deposit.
John :)

Probably not this year, so that'll 2018, 2019 and 2020 without leaving England. That's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back