Pre-conditions?

Sponsored Links
In fact she had no obligation.

Two parties squabbling in the house Vs a negotiation for the benefit of the UK and you can't see the difference?

Then wouldn't a competent PM have foreseen this - going around now asking for consensus now is the bolting the stable door after the horse has bottled.

She isn't willing to make concessions so what was the point of asking now?

She should have worked with the opposition post referendum but here we are now in a mess.

Then wouldn't a competent PM have foreseen this - going around now asking for consensus now is the bolting the stable door after the horse has bottled.
sammi is a retroactive kinda guy. He's a bit nutty like that. Anyone advising to fit a window board AFTER skimming must have a screw loose. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We had the best deal currently with all our opt outs and rebates we have negotiated. Cameron, May, Corbyn, Milliband are the exact poor leaders we deserve.

Japanese and American companies used the UK as the base to enter the EU market- it worked so well. Some benefits are derived and not explicit - we were in an enviable position - part of the EU, having our own currency, low levels of regulation. In one place you could get legal, technical, financial advise - London.

Sponsored Links
They shouldn't be squabbling, they should be pulling together. Aren't these the people we 'elected' to work for the people? Sometimes I think that is forgotten in our gov. They have mucked up brexit from the start and now we need the brightest of minds to pull together no matter what party they belong to, or what their personal views are on brexit are.
That is a rather naive view of our parliamentary 'democracy'!

The pursuit of party/personal power and 'rewards' in Westminster outweighs the outdated idea of the 'good of the people'...

They are of course also in the hands of their financial puppet masters, but then that reality appears to have escaped the electorate's reasoning!

That is a rather naive view of our parliamentary 'democracy'!

The pursuit of party/personal power and 'rewards' in Westminster outweighs the outdated idea of the 'good of the people'...

They are of course also in the hands of their financial puppet masters, but then that reality appears to have escaped the electorate's reasoning!
Any form of democracy is a compromise, none is perfect.

Apparently thats too nuanced for ya :ROFLMAO:

Any form of democracy is a compromise, none is perfect.

Apparently thats too nuanced for ya :ROFLMAO:
But some forms of 'democracy' are worse than others...

Apparently that's too tricky a concept for 'ya' to understand :rolleyes:

Nonsense. She had, and has, an obligation to serve her country for its benefit.

That's not what SG said.

Again, benefit of the country doesn't mean she was obligated to work cross party.

She should have worked with the opposition post referendum but here we are now in a mess.

Her desire or lack off wanting to work cross party has nothing to do with it and everything to do with people who refuse to accept the referendum result standing in her way at every turn.

Her desire or lack off wanting to work cross party has nothing to do with it and everything to do with people who refuse to accept the referendum result standing in her way at every turn.

Wait on your saying she is a lame duck. (y)

So tell me what was your interpretation of the referendum?

No Deal Hard Brexit?

If so why didn't TM do that immediately? Why have we been trying to negotiate a deal?

it would appear that she now disagrees with you.

Too late.

You say it like I'm putting an argument for or against when I'm not. I'm stating the facts. She was under no obligation to work cross party.

So tell me what was your interpretation of the referendum?

No Deal Hard Brexit?

If the common idea (as per the referendum leaflet offered by the government) was no freedom of movement and no customs union then absolutely hard brexit.

If so why didn't TM do that immediately? Why have we been trying to negotiate a deal?

Are you asking me why a remainer went against what the understood outcome should be?

I have to say, the way you chaps pose questions as if to suggest I'm the party whip is quite strange.

Sponsored Links
Back