President Trump and the State Visit to the UK

Jd's usual propaganda harvested from some anti trump website.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the US government (under Obama) knows more about which countries are security risks than you do, John?

I don't doubt it. And obviously more than you.

So you mean you support the actions taken under Obama.

Very magnanimous of you to admit it.

I don't have a problem with the countries Obama chose, or with Trump excluding them. That's his prerogative.
It's a simple matter of vetting; those countries have unstable governments and bureaucracies, so their vetting of emmigrants (possibly) can't be relied upon. That's what they're going to check during the 90 day period.

Last edited:
Maybe the US government (under Obama) knows more about which countries are security risks than you do, John? Or perhaps they should consult you instead?
Don't you think Trump would've said this was the point, rather than face so much backlash? Nobody has a problem if there's is intelligence to say that those countries are a bigger risk than normal.
But as it stands, the USA intelligence service have not asked for these bans, temporary or otherwise.

Sponsored Links
That they are 7 majority Muslim countries does not mean there is a Muslim ban
Trump has said enough in the past and his presidential campaign to show us that he's against Muslims - as well as black people, Hispanic, women etc etc. If he's not personally racist (ha ha) then he's playing on the fears of the American people and turning Muslims into the enemy - then using that fear and hatred to win at the polls.

But as it stands, the USA intelligence service have not asked for these bans, temporary or otherwise.

Didn't some senior member of the intelligence services say that the ban is likely to motivate Muslims already in the USA to react aggressively and hence internal terrorism may increase as a result of the ban.

the ban is likely to motivate Muslims already in the USA to react aggressively
I think you need to learn how to quote and take note of who said what Gerry. I think you'll find that Bernard said that.

The religion of peace? Surely not...
Is this your answer for the points Bernard or I put over? Pretty poor really, I thought you were better at debating than the same ol 'Religion of peace' rubbish.

Are not some Christians enticed to kill people in the name of justice and peace.

You progressive secularists were battling christianity long before islam came along. No surprise there.
You never expected a second front to open up so viciously in the shape of islam. And now it here all you can do is offer apologies and condone their behaviour.
Pathetic.

You progressive secularists were battling christianity long before islam came along. No surprise there.
You never expected a second front to open up so viciously in the shape of islam. And now it here all you can do is offer apologies and condone their behaviour.
Pathetic.
I think you're making stuff up again. Where has Bernard apologised or condoned the behaviour of extremism?
And taking the quote about Christians out of context, it was written in reply to the same old tired 'Religion of peace' statement.

I should have flagged my comment as being a bit sarcastic.

The ban will separate families by preventing relatives from overseas visiting families in the USA. As originally written it prevented UK passport holders born in the banned countries from entering the USA. It was only when a few high profile UK passport holders were banned ( by the original wording ) did the USA modify the wording.

It doesn't matter about religion. There are Yemeni Christians who are no longer able to visit relatives in the USA. The relatives in the USA could become angry and this could incite them to become aggressive against the ban

I think you're making stuff up again. Where has Bernard apologised or condoned the behaviour of extremism?
And taking the quote about Christians out of context, it was written in reply to the same old tired 'Religion of peace' statement.

Same ole schitt from you lot. When muslims or islam are being criticized christanity is ripe for bashing too. Then its... OOh lets ban all religion.
You're the enemy.

Same ole schitt from you lot. When muslims or islam are being criticized christanity is ripe for bashing too. Then its... OOh lets ban all religion.
You're the enemy.
Ha ha, same ole schitt from you Roger. Anyone who writes something that counters your extreme views on Muslims and they must be the enemy, or have Islam as their favourite religion.

This was the same ole schitt too. Completely made up response, just so you can get your warped thoughts over again.
Pathetic.

And yes, let's ban all religion, it's a lot of trouble isn't it? Just look at the history books as well as what is happening today - people killing and whatever based on their love of an imaginary god. Lots of pseudo religious fanatics out there - and pseudo Christians, just like you are. Remember your post where you thought all religion was pointless? And when you suddenly changed your mind and found faith?

When muslims or islam are being criticized christanity is ripe for bashing too.

Terror tactics and other extreme anti-social activity is carried out by people who are Christians and by people of almost all other religions including Islam. If one is being critical of terrorism carried out by followers of one religion one has to give the same criticism to terrorism carried out by all other religions.

That said not all terrorism is carried out in the name of a religion but is carried out because the person has strong personal opinions that lead the person to commit anti-social acts which may extend to acts of terrorism.

Sponsored Links
Back