Reasons to get out

gasbaggi doesn't like foreigners, even if they are white.

Really well thanks for your insight .....another idiotic blinkered statement.

I don't like mass migration where the amount of migration changes the nature of the country I was born and brought up in.
I've no problem been in a foreign country it's just don't like to feel like a foreigner in this country. When I call in to a supermarket and don't hear the English language once apart from the check out girls.
Dislike foreigners that's absolute nonsense. Dislike how society is changing due to uncontrolled migration yes.
Aware that the current migration crises is causing big problems in European host countries too right.

Sponsored Links
How do you suggest solving the situation of our Britishers that live in Gibraltar (10.000) that commute to Spain and beyond to work on a Daily Basis
Even with both Spain and the U.K. in the EU, Spain hasn't exactly been helpful toward Gibraltar. I'm thinking of the telecoms fiasco caused entirely by the Spanish government's territorial claim on Gibraltar which resulted in restricted numbering ranges being available.
How is this the fault of EU?
The problem erupted in 1969 under Franco, before EU existed.
In fact, when Spain joined EU in 1986, telecom connection between Spain and Gibraltar was restored.
So what is the point of your comment? Is this another silly attempt at inventing something to blame on EU?

I didn't say it was the fault of the EU. It was just a casual observation that even with Spain within the EEC/EU the Spanish government was being awkward toward communications between Spain and Gibraltar - So much for Europe working together in a spirit of cooperation and all that.

But if you really want to look at the EU's part in it, despite all the EU's regulations it didn't exactly do anything to help resolve the situation, did it? It was only finally about 10 years ago that it was sorted out with an agreement between the governments of the U.K.. Gibraltar and Spain.

I didn't say it was the fault of the EU. It was just a casual observation that even with Spain within the EEC/EU the Spanish government was being awkward toward communications between Spain and Gibraltar.
In fact, the EU has helped smooth relations between UK and Spain, so it has been very much beneficial.

Sponsored Links
I didn't say it was the fault of the EU. It was just a casual observation that even with Spain within the EEC/EU the Spanish government was being awkward toward communications between Spain and Gibraltar - So much for Europe working together in a spirit of cooperation and all that.

But if you really want to look at the EU's part in it, despite all the EU's regulations it didn't exactly do anything to help resolve the situation, did it? It was only finally about 10 years ago that it was sorted out with an agreement between the governments of the U.K.. Gibraltar and Spain.
You're talking utter rubbish again. I've already explained that telephone debacle erupted in 1969, way before Spain or UK were members.
Spain became a member in 1986, and it could be argued, as a result the telephones were re-connected.

I wonder why PBC chose to introduce this topic where the EU has helped, not hindered, UK and European interests, and a problem has been dealt with which arose between two countries which at the time were not EU members?

I've already explained that telephone debacle erupted in 1969, way before Spain or UK were members.
I'm well aware of the fact that it started in 1969, and I'm also well aware of the fact that from Spain signing up to this "European club" in 1986 it was another 20 years before the telephone issue was finally resolved. And that resolution didn't come from the EU.

All I did was mention the telecoms problem in passing after a reference to people cross-border working between Gibraltar and Spain and now you seem to want to try and make out that the EU has - yet again - been responsible for solving a problem and bringing great benefits.

I wonder why PBC chose to introduce this topic where the EU has helped, not hindered, UK and European interests, and a problem has been dealt with which arose between two countries which at the time were not EU members?
As above - The EC/EU had absolutely nothing to do with finally resolving the problem, despite all its regulations and despite 20 years of Spain's membership.

We are using the excuse that if we come out of the EU we can have our own Border to stop people entering the UK, but Gibraltar is part of the UK as is Northern Ireland/Southern Ireland , no one seems at all concerned that these outposts of this Country will be affected despite them being on our doorstep.

So its down to a vote to Close our borders to all Immigrants and Trade with the EU, and S*d the Ex Pats all three million of them living in EU Countries!!!:rolleyes:

I see Gasbag is still on his tireless crusade to rid Britain of unwanted foreigners. Still just as dull.

Are you going to get rid of all the dark faces that live here or were born here too Gasbag?
Hardly surprising you cower behind a hidden profile.(y)
You stupid little man your blinkered by your own prejudices. ......where once have I mentioned race or the colour of someone's skin. Last Thursday with my mates I was the only white person there their skin colours were black and brown . If wanting to get out of Europe makes you a racist then I'm a racist. Does the colour of someone's skin bother me ? No.

I don't mind at all being called a racist my mates would think you're a dick and they'd be right.

It would be the ones with a different skin colour to mine that would be calling you a dick.

I see Gasbag is still on his tireless crusade to rid Britain of unwanted foreigners. Still just as dull.

Are you going to get rid of all the dark faces that live here or were born here too Gasbag?
Hardly surprising you cower behind a hidden profile.(y)

Cower behind a hidden profile more hypocrisy from a hypocrite ......so your real names noseall is it ? If you believe I'm hiding how come you don't post in your real name ? Rather hypocritical old chap. But I've found that in life people who accuse people of things usually share the views that they accuse others of but can't see it in themselves.

You used the expression unwanted foreigners ..you used it. Freudian slip there I think.

By the way I haven't seen your reply to your accusation about dark faces and my statement about my mates in your terminology with 'dark faces ' you were so off the mark there it beggars belief in your ludicrous assumptions.
Typical small minded erroneous view that anti immigration equates to a racist, biggoted narrow minded little idiot

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back