Recent Electircal Work Questions

This was my point..........with everything that had happened I thought he stuck an odd one in there where in fact was the correct type now this has been pointed out.

Sponsored Links
P.S. is your consumer unit really upsidedown, or is it just the photo?

Can do it no problem.....in the electrician's defense he put a wylex type and and I said surely they should all match.....sonhe changed to this tenby brand.

Don't understand this at all???

Lol.....no its on my phone so doesn't want to edit the photo properly. Its def the right way up.

Sponsored Links
Yes the original electrician has put these Tenby type in a wylex unit. whilst this new chap put the correct type in when he did the work which I'm not happy with, I said surely that should be the same as the others....so he has changed it to the tenby one......

This is all getting too much now.....I will try to find a trustworthy electrician to sort this mess out!! I'm stressed out.

Thank you for all the advice.

Could someone summarise what they feel this electrician has actually done wrong.

1) Is definitely the safe zone around the cooker area.

2) ?

Not worth stressing over. As long as you have not lost a fortune in money, don't worry. Yes, it will take time and be hassle to sort out.

Take a deep breath and keep your health and sanity!

The cables shown in the picture showing the wall where the cooker is...

The new cables coming down the wall vertically...

One cable goes from the fused spur to the extractor, right?

Another cable presumably feeds the sockets and extractor switch.

Is there another cable also feeding the sockets/extractor?

Every permitted safe zone is shown on this picture in green. Can you see any cable which is outside of a safe zone?

szone-1.jpg

Feel free to print out and keep this picture.

Now you've given the game away about my swift edit to add the corner safe zones to the picture... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back