Remind me what bending the knee is all about?

Can you put a number on the women who've been assaulted by footballers in relation to the population of the UK?
without resorting to condescension, if possible. A low-level tactic in debate.

Sponsored Links
Can you put a number on the women who've been assaulted by footballers in relation to the population of the UK?
Not without suitable research, but it does appear to be an issue that the FA ought to consider.
Just like racism, it's becoming an issue that is more open to debate and exposure.
When footballers and officials practise racism, it sets an example for supporters to follow. Exactly the same can be said about violence against women.
Footballers are famous personalities and should be setting good examples, not bad ones. For sure, the same can be said about all sorts of famous personalities, but we're discussing football and footballers, and a stand against all sorts of abuse within the sphere of football.

Think like this bodd….

If you are adult, white, male, well educated and wealthy, you are at the top of the Advantage Tree. Everyone else is beneath you at this point. Anyone black will be way down the Advantage Tree. You’d be surprised just how low.

You really are delusional and patronising to anyone beneath the superior you.

Sponsored Links
The Premier League Statement is clear about it's No Room for Racism campaign and it's the Premier League Captains who've added 'all forms of discrimination' to the statement. What does this mean in practice?

It's just that ....an add on. What have they done taken ownership of knee bending.

I went into a posh pub the other week, astounded when charged £7.50 for a pint. Should I have got down on one knee?

You'd better get used to the idea. Currently only about 10% of cohabiting couples are mixed ethnicity, but that rate is not only increasing, the rate of increase is probably going to accelerate.
As mixed-ethnicity couple have children, the percentage of mixed ethnicity children will increase, and there might come a time when it will be more difficult to find a partner of the same ethnicity as yourself.
Getting used to mixing you say

My best friends mixed
My Australian friends are mixed. In fact I have many friends who are either mixed or have mixed kids.

Is that what you say to mixed kids and their parents

You really are delusional and patronising to anyone beneath the superior you.
What an utterly carp and disingenuous response. Expected really. I’m neither wealthy nor well educated. I am however in a vastly more advantageous position to many others because I am white and male.

Not without suitable research, but it does appear to be an issue that the FA ought to consider.
Just like racism, it's becoming an issue that is more open to debate and exposure.
When footballers and officials practise racism, it sets an example for supporters to follow. Exactly the same can be said about violence against women.
Footballers are famous personalities and should be setting good examples, not bad ones. For sure, the same can be said about all sorts of famous personalities, but we're discussing football and footballers, and a stand against all sorts of abuse within the sphere of football.

Everything you said is true so why are we jumping on a black movement gesture. I'll have customers bending the knee because they think I've charged them too much.

What an utterly carp and disingenuous response. Expected really. I’m neither wealthy nor well educated. I am however in a vastly more advantageous position to many others because I am white and male.

And a Prat

you're conflating abuse with discrimination in the Captains Statement regarding the matter of taking a knee.*
In that context they may as well take a knee against cruelty to cats after the incident regarding the West Ham player earlier this year.

*Perhaps the women's game should take that issue into consideration ?

you're conflating abuse with discrimination in the Captains Statement regarding the matter of taking a knee.*
In that context they may as well take a knee against cruelty to cats after the incident regarding the West Ham player earlier this year.

Bodd despises the fact that black people have a voice. He forgets how loud the white man has shouted all these centuries, poor sod.

Am I?
Premier League club captains have reaffirmed their commitment to fighting racism and all forms of discrimination.
That includes discrimination (including abuse) generated by sexism, etc.

You're extrapolating to the extreme again in your attempt to discredit an argument.

If the women's game wanted to take a knee in support of cats, that's up to them. But it would belittle the entire message in 'taking a knee'.
They're free to make up some other form of gesture, e.g arms around their opponents shoulders, as per mynameisbod's sugetstion.

Sponsored Links
Back