Scottish independence

Yeah but the most important question right now is....wtf is a 'spoon burner'?
addict-preparing-drugs-185245989-5b34002346e0fb003790279e.jpg

Sponsored Links
With such wafer thin margins across the country it's astonishing the SNP wish to inflict another vote on the Scottish people.
The only time in the past 5 years the SNP have come close to gaining over 50% of the vote in an election was 2015 and on that basis another referendum is not only foolish but downright dangerous to her chances of surviving another leadership challenge.
A big risk on her part, i'd say.
This is my point and what frustrates me. Ok all politicians do it (bend the truth/facts) but when the SNP bleat on about 'the will of the Scottish people' they are NOT speaking for a majority of Scots. And I'll repeat myself, even if polls showed 60/40 in favour of independence you could understand them pushing on this, however given polls are still closer to 50/50, appetite (from a reasonably significant majority) of Scots just isn't there.

But still they push their selfish narrative.

Sponsored Links
If we do end up breaking away from the union and if 25 years down the line our socioeconomic position is worse than current, no doubt they'll still find a way to blame England and the Tories.

A USA bloke commented on areas like this regarding Brexit. If a constitutional change a minor majority would not be large enough to get it to happen. Mind you I have no idea if their constition, something we don't have, actually includes that rule.

A USA bloke commented on areas like this regarding Brexit. If a constitutional change a minor majority would not be large enough to get it to happen. Mind you I have no idea if their constition, something we don't have, actually includes that rule.
If I'm reading you correctly, I remember this being discussed before i.e. for votes that mean a significant change there should be a minimum % in favour for it to be passed e.g. 58%.

God forbid I’ve got him creeping up behind me! My bumhole's clenching up at the thought of it. :oops:
You're the creepy stalker remember...

But given the number of times you've been f*cked over, you wouldn't be able to clench...

When mottie is told to bend over by right wing nasties, mottie simply replies 'how far' :LOL:

If I'm reading you correctly, I remember this being discussed before i.e. for votes that mean a significant change there should be a minimum % in favour for it to be passed e.g. 58%.
Well unions have to pass a higher threshold than a simple majority should they wish to take industrial action...

I recollect 60% and 2/3 being mentioned but as I said no idea if this is actually law in the USA.

I did email the gov on this aspect on Brexit. There is a facility to do that and if certain numbers are reached it has to be discussed in parliament. ;) Well that number was exceeded but not much in the line of discussion. We have this simple majority thing on referendums and that is that. Doesn't matter what they are about. It obviously would take some law changing if that was changed and add complications.

This is my point and what frustrates me. Ok all politicians do it (bend the truth/facts) but when the SNP bleat on about 'the will of the Scottish people' they are NOT speaking for a majority of Scots. And I'll repeat myself, even if polls showed 60/40 in favour of independence you could understand them pushing on this, however given polls are still closer to 50/50, appetite (from a reasonably significant majority) of Scots just isn't there.

The Scots seem to universally hate Johnson and the Tory party, they don’t want to be represented by right wing populists.

But Tories won’t be in power forever and Johnson certainly won’t, whereas Scottish independence is not easily reversed.

Should be a minimum of 51.9%.

Sponsored Links
Back