Sex and Gender. What is the difference

Trans in the 20s is the being gay in the 50s, 60s and 70s, and I don't envy any conflicted person their life. But I'm not interested in the Tatchellite view that every non- (insert group here*) must be a bigot and therefore needs to go to a re-education camp. I'm not interested in being re-educated in that way.

* gay/lesbian/trans/black/plumber etc, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You're content to label those whose argument you refuse to even read, as fruit cakes.
You should transition into an ostrich. It would be more fitting.
cartoon-ostrich-burying-head-sand-600w-1030462660.jpg

an Ostrich your having a laugh

what possible advantage is there to that :confused:

every one likes pandas ? But it had some technical issues hence why I gave up with the transition

That professor from Sussex uni was talking on the radio this evening

she was treated disgracefully by the fruit cake students who were encouraged to a certain extent by so called fellow academics and colleauges :confused:

Sponsored Links
I know some people who are very good at DIY, I know some other people who are not very good at DIY. The difference doesn't seem to correlate with sex or gender.
Personally, other than myself and my wife, I couldn't care less what anyone else identifies as.
Threads like this are started with the aim of winding people up, I find that pathetic. :)
What about the threads that have nothing to do with transgender, but somehow some people manage to divert the thread onto the subject with some silly but repeated comment such as "a man is not a woman"?
Or the threads that find their way onto the subject with some daft idiot claiming they're transitioning into a panda, and back again, then into a different ethnicity?
Or the ones that are diverted into a discussion about race by someone asking whether English are a different race to Scots?
Or the ones discussing ethnicity that are diverted by some panda asking if men will be competing in the women's 200 metre freestyle?

But it's just the dedicated threads, which are made obvious by their title, that they discuss transgender, that were started because the other thread was severely redacted, that you find pathetic? So pathetic, that you feel the need to join in with the discussion to express your feelings?
Or is it just the subject matter that you find difficult to encounter? So difficult to discuss that you'd prefer not to encounter it at all, if possible?

Perhaps you'd allow me to offer you some words of wisdom? There are many, many threads, not just in this section of the site, but also in other sections, that I have no interest in, so I simply don't open them, and I don't read them.
Think of it like the off button on your TV. It works for me, it might work for you too.

Last edited:
Trans in the 20s is the being gay in the 50s, 60s and 70s, and I don't envy any conflicted person their life. But I'm not interested in the Tatchellite view that every non- (insert group here*) must be a bigot and therefore needs to go to a re-education camp. I'm not interested in being re-educated in that way.

* gay/lesbian/trans/black/plumber etc, etc
Is anyone suggesting you should be re-educated?
There is a difference between being re-educated and simply showing respect and tolerance towards others.
I'll leave you to think about the differences.

That professor from Sussex uni was talking on the radio this evening

she was treated disgracefully by the fruit cake students who were encouraged to a certain extent by so called fellow academics and colleauges :confused:
Because she wants to mandate some transgender people out of existence. She exploits her professional status to spout her bigotry, against UNI regulations and professional ethics. She is more driven by her desire to mandate transgender women out of existence than she is about UNI regulations and professional ethics.
I say some transgenders, because she is perfectly at peace with transmen. It's only transwomen she wants to mandate out of existence. Just like JohnD, he is also not concerned with transmen, only transwomen.

an Ostrich your having a laugh

what possible advantage is there to that :confused:
You're behaving like that ostrich, so why not consider yourself as an ostrich.
You refuse to read any material that might disagree with your bigoted views, yet you'll happily slate the authors as mentally disturbed without even considering their views.
Your species dysphoria does allow you to pick and choose which animal to imagine yourself as. If you mimic the behaviour of an ostrich, then maybe you are an ostrich?

What about the threads that have nothing to do with transgender, but somehow some people manage to divert the thread onto the subject with some silly but repeated comment such as "a man is not a woman"?
Or the threads that find their way onto the subject with some daft idiot claiming they're transitioning into a panda, and back again, then into a different ethnicity?
Or the ones that are diverted into a discussion about race by someone asking whether English are a different race to Scots?

But it's just the dedicated threads, which are made obvious by their title, that they discuss transgender, that you find pathetic? So pathetic, that you feel the need to join in with the discussion to express your feelings?
Or is it just the subject matter that you find difficult to encounter? So difficult to discuss that you'd prefer not to encounter it at all, if possible?

Perhaps you'd allow me to offer you some words of wisdom? There are many, many threads, not just in this section of the site, but also in other sections, that I have no interest in, so I simply don't open them, and I don't read them.
Think of it like the off button on your TV. It works for me, it might work for you too.
Hmm... I appear to have touched a nerve! :)

Lots of threads get diverted in lots of different directions, that's how forums and conversations face-to-face tend to progress.

It's threads like this one, that are created simply to stir up trouble that I find pathetic. As far as I can tell sex and gender have nothing to do with DIY but you have started this thread on a DIY forum. I don't find the subject matter difficult to encounter and if I found it difficult to discuss I wouldn't have joined the discussion.

I don't need words of wisdom from you, I don't find much wisdom in the words that you write. I'll continue to comment on whatever threads I wish, forums work best if people contribute to the discussion.

I don't need an off button for you, I'm finding the discussion quite entertaining.

Because she wants to mandate some transgender people out of existence. She exploits her professional status to spout her bigotry, against UNI regulations and professional ethics. She is more driven by her desire to mandate transgender women out of existence than she is about UNI regulations and professional ethics.

Erm, you sure about that? Have you read her book? Sounds like you've been reading a lot of sooshal media backlash.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Aren't people allowed to question, criticise, argue? A philosophy degree teaches critical thinking. Is this a sacred subject we cannot criticise? We let fascists do their marches. I don't agree with them but recognise in our society we are free to promote ideas others oppose.

I am enjoying the trolling

You're behaving like that ostrich, so why not consider yourself as an ostrich.
You refuse to read any material that might disagree with your bigoted views, yet you'll happily slate the authors as mentally disturbed without even considering their views.
Your species dysphoria does allow you to pick and choose which animal to imagine yourself as. If you mimic the behaviour of an ostrich, then maybe you are an ostrich?

you need to take this transitioning caper more seriously IMO

I do :cool:

Hmm... I appear to have touched a nerve! :)

Lots of threads get diverted in lots of different directions, that's how forums and conversations face-to-face tend to progress.

It's threads like this one, that are created simply to stir up trouble that I find pathetic. As far as I can tell sex and gender have nothing to do with DIY but you have started this thread on a DIY forum. I don't find the subject matter difficult to encounter and if I found it difficult to discuss I wouldn't have joined the discussion.

I don't need words of wisdom from you, I don't find much wisdom in the words that you write. I'll continue to comment on whatever threads I wish, forums work best if people contribute to the discussion.

I don't need an off button for you, I'm finding the discussion quite entertaining.
You've not touched a nerve at all, but you do demonstrate a distinct bias in the direction of your criticism. i.e. directed towards dedicated threads, and at the same time not being bothered in the least by diverted threads onto the very same subject.

It really looks like you want to close down debate, which is probably the very allegation that you level at others.
You complain about the subject matter, but you find it entertaining?
Do you honestly think that there should not be a general discussion section, where anything from politics, to ethics, to morals, to, dare I say "Topical subjects" should be discussed. There are plenty of sections dedicated to DIY, have you not noticed the other sections?

Erm, you sure about that? Have you read her book? Sounds like you've been reading a lot of sooshal media backlash.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Aren't people allowed to question, criticise, argue? A philosophy degree teaches critical thinking. Is this a sacred subject we cannot criticise? We let fascists do their marches. I don't agree with them but recognise in our society we are free to promote ideas others oppose.

I am enjoying the trolling
Professor Stocks is a signatory to the declaration of the following organisation that want to mandate transwomen out of existence.
https://womensdeclaration.com/en/declaration-womens-sex-based-rights-full-text/

Sponsored Links
Back