Should people who refuse a Covid vaccine be denied treatment or charged for it?

Once the decision had been taken; assault would not be considered a problem.

I think forcing an individual to have an injection would be morally and ethically wrong.

How do you think trying to vaccinate the anti-vaxxers on here would go........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sponsored Links
I think forcing an individual to have an injection would be morally and ethically wrong.
So - - - - you are implying that no government would do such a thing?

How do you think trying to vaccinate the anti-vaxxers on here would go........:mad::mad::mad::mad:
A bit like beating up an old defenceless anti-lockdown protester, I suppose.

I would happily arrange my own health insurance if they reduced my tax by the 20% that goes to the nhs.

All you'd need to do is ban them from pubs, gigs, sports grounds, shops and entering the school grounds, and they'll probably change their mind!

If the government use the tracing app to monitor vaccines they will have control over this. A colleague's son got it, so colleague had to stay at home too. He went out into his garden, well, small holding, and within 5 minutes had a phone call asking him why he left home. He explained he has several acres and was still at home. But, they are watching. It would be easy to see if somebody with the app and didn't have a vaccine was near a school, care home, hospital etc. and contact them to ask, WTF are you thinking????

Sponsored Links
That is a moot point, as it could be considered as an assault.

When I was in the RAF, they introduced annual blood tests for aircrew. One smart alec piped up in the crewroom, in front of the Boss... "If they stick a needle in me, I'll have them done for assault. I'm refusing."

Boss, without missing a beat: "Ok, you've refused today. You're grounded and your flying pay stops from midnight. Questions?" Priceless.

On forcing/charging/banning? No. Unless smokers, excess drinkers, sports injuries and obesity sufferers are forced/charged/refused too.

Nod to Bodgerbuild.

Edit: The travel insurers will be all over this like a rash though. No vax, no cover. Oh they'll sell you a policy, get the money- then, when you get covid, oh dear read the exclusions. There will be a specific question in the proposal form.

Last edited:
He went out into his garden, well, small holding, and within 5 minutes had a phone call asking him why he left home.

Which country's tracing app was used in this story you heard?

Sounds like he was a Tagged criminal, not a self-isolator.

Trace doesn't work like that.

The app supports contact tracing through your phone, without needing to know anyone’s names or identities.

Perhaps not force them to have a vaccine just as you cannot force people to stop smoking. However, like smokers, you could ban them from public places such as anywhere indoors. That’d be a start!

I am perhaps though in fav of a vax passport!
How difficult would that be to counterfeit ? Marking law abiding people out as being different has been tried before, how long before someone suggests people who don't want a vaccine have to wear an arm band with some sort of symbol, possibly a star, and colour it, blue perhaps?

I find people's acquiescence very worrying.

I am astounded how easily you lot accept everything you are told.

What acquiescence? Having a vaccine? Not sure what you mean, cos it's very clear that no-one need acquiesce to anything vaccine wise.

What are we accepting? On this occasion.

What acquiescence? Having a vaccine? Not sure what you mean, cos it's very clear that no-one need acquiesce to anything vaccine wise.

What are we accepting? On this occasion.
Masks, lockdown, home schooling, distancing, no sitting down for food and drink, no bingo, no visits to dying parents locked in lagers (aka care homes), no work, no relatives' visits, no sport, no birthdays, no weddings, no events, no haircuts, no manicure, no pedicure, no massage of any kind...
Should I continue???
And most of us mugs have just accepted this as "the new normal".
Where have you been since March???

So, we still provide care for refuseniks but also refer them to prevent. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back