Should people who refuse a Covid vaccine be denied treatment or charged for it?

Define the benefits...

You're less likely to become very ill, or die.
You'll be no less likely to make someone else very ill, or kill them, we think.
You'll still likely have to wear a face covering and sanitise your hands into perpetuity .
(JVT, earlier this evening).

Sponsored Links
Masks, lockdown, home schooling, distancing, no sitting down for food and drink, no bingo, no visits to dying parents locked in lagers (aka care homes), no work, no relatives' visits, no sport, no birthdays, no weddings, no events, no haircuts, no manicure, no pedicure, no massage of any kind...
Should I continue???
And most of us mugs have just accepted this as "the new normal".
Where have you been since March???
Sorry, I forgot a massive one...
NO HEALTHCARE!

How difficult would that be to counterfeit ? Marking law abiding people out as being different has been tried before, how long before someone suggests people who don't want a vaccine have to wear an arm band with some sort of symbol, possibly a star, and colour it, blue perhaps?
It was all tongue in cheek tbh. I don't take much of this all that seriously - people are either considerate or they are numpties. Nothing will ever change that.

I am astounded how easily you lot accept everything you are told.
I am astounded that people who think the gov trying (badly, admittedly) to deal with a world-wide pandemic is akin to living in a dictatorship! Who knew?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I forgot a massive one...
NO HEALTHCARE!

Don't have a stroke mate, there's no healthcare, remember?

If you don't see covid as the most serious threat to the country at large since the war, and just view it as a conspiracy theory, then there's no debating with you. This thread is about a vaccine, where we can all be either normal, or thick as mince about it. Up to you.

Don't have a stroke mate, there's no healthcare, remember?

If you don't see covid as the most serious threat to the country at large since the war, and just view it as a conspiracy theory, then there's no debating with you. This thread is about a vaccine, where we can all be either normal, or thick as mince about it. Up to you.
My cousin died of heart attack because a&e didn't let him in 3 times.
2 doctors at walk in centres had sent him to a&e.
His medical record has disappeared, so no record of him going to a&e 3 times.
I have not been able to see or speak to a gp since march, so i paid and went private.
Same for dentist, no appointments for the foreseeable future unless it's an emergency.
Again, they see you immediately if you pay.
There is no more HEALTHCARE.
And you fools clap the NHS.
Remember, the NHS was funded to serve the people, not the other way around.
Don't get ill if you can't afford paying.
The NHS now only deals with covid.

I am astounded that people who think the gov trying (badly, admittedly) to deal with a world-wide pandemic is akin to living in a dictatorship! Who knew?
That's how these things start.

Did you see my link yesterday about two judges here who may be 'censured' for studying and questioning the accuracy of covid testing?

The NHS now only deals with covid.

My personal experiences this year....

Second - born broken arm, late - march.
A & E empty. Went through from admission to casted exit, 2 hours.
First - born for render in eye, three visits, again, excellent .
Me, gashed knee which pizzed blood for four hours. Local hospital minor injuries turned me away - "covid mate".
Regional A & E was great.

GP however was crap. 5 minutes of covid recorded message while trying to book my stitches out, followed by "we've closed due to covid", before being cut off.

For the last couple or three years, I've suffered from recurring ear infections.
Multiple GP visits, and multiple treatments.
Keeps coming back though. Latest one even though I haven't swam for months.
Seen by nurse this time ; "have you ever had a doctor check inside your ear before, because there's nothing in your notes?"

Pretty much every time, I replied.

"You look to have impacted wax, no wonder it doesn't stay better", she advised.
"I'll refer you for its removal."

I got the letter today.

"You have been referred............"
Second sentence, "Due to Covid, we have decided to minimise appointments......."

So, after three years of on - off ear pain, I've been referred to....... put olive oil in my own ear, and hope for the best.
Which I've been doing anyway, and it's not stopped it yet.

What Covid giveth, it also taketh away, it seems.

No you cannot make it compulsory. We live in a democracy, not a republic, where everyone has freedom of choice within the law. If any government tries to pass a law that forces people to have an, as yet, unproven medication then you have lost all your democratic rights and we would then be living under dictatorship terms. It would be the thin end of the wedge down a long slippery slope.
I am a 64 year old smoker with CKD, (in remission), and apart from that I am quite healthy. I can beat my boss up 4 flights of stairs, (each flight containing 15 steps plus the top one at the landing), and on reaching the top my pulse is slower than his and my recovery rate quicker. He is 9 years my junior and apart from being about 9" taller we are both of similar slim build. The only time I have been off work is for injury not illness. I take all precautions against Covid, (as well as other ailments), such as wearing medically approved masks, plenty of hand washing and sanitising and changing my clothing regularly each day for clean ones. Both my home and workplace are scrupulously clean and I avoid close contact at all times. Why should I be forced to have an injection of a product that has not undergone years of testing and trials and has to be stored in ridiculously low temperatures for it to be kept effective?
Before anyone says it has been clinically trialled and tested on volunteers did any of those volunteers have underlying health issues such as mine or diabetes, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis any other issues? Or were they all healthy individuals who were considered to not really be at risk of catching the virus?
Just because people like myself choose not to have the vaccine does not give anyone the right to withhold any medical treatment I or others may need at some future date. I have paid my taxes and NI contributions for almost 50 years and am entitled to a service I have helped fund over that time.

Last edited:
That's how these things start.

Did you see my link yesterday about two judges HERE who may be 'censured' for studying and questioning the accuracy of covid testing?

Yes this is how conspiracy theories start, when "here" should be "in Portugal" as you well know.

So, after three years of on - off ear pain, I've been referred to....... put olive oil in my own ear, and hope for the best.
Which I've been doing anyway, and it's not stopped it yet.
Have you tried micro suction? I had my ears done a few years ago. Took a couple of minutes and cost £65 but well worth it. They pulled out one solid lump of wax about the size of a cigarette filter! In fact, the lady in this clip was the one that did my ears. Give it a try. https://clickhearing.com/our-services/ear-wax-removal-essex/

Before anyone says it has been clinically trialled and tested on volunteers did any of those volunteers have underlying health issues such as mine or diabetes, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis any other issues?
If only you'd searched you too could have discovered they were explicitly seeking people with underlying conditions.

https://www.nihr.ac.uk/news/over-25...as-recruitment-begins-for-novavax-study/25731

If you check you'd probably find most of your fears are already covered. But it's human nature to pick a decision and then seek justification afterwards, everyone does it.

Why should I be forced to have an injection of a product that has not undergone years of testing and trials......

I'm not disagreeing with your right to choose conny, before we start.

Re :the (lack of) "years of testing" argument, and the oft - quoted ten years for a normal vaccine, this was debunked by some scientist on R5L a few days ago.
Basically, it takes about ten years because :
- money is limited
- you spend months writing funding proposals, and having them assessed and rejected
- you don't have the world leaning on you for results
- you're expected to take ten years.

While some things are probably beyond solution, things that aren't can be significantly accelerated with effectively limitless funds and brain power, married with lots of "encouragement", shifts in conventional process and thinking, and luck.

Sponsored Links
Back