Should people who refuse a Covid vaccine be denied treatment or charged for it?

That would be against the equality act 2010, so a non starter.

Nonsense.

4. The protected characteristics

The following characteristics are protected characteristics—

age;

disability;

gender reassignment;

marriage and civil partnership;

pregnancy and maternity;

race;

religion or belief;

sex;

sexual orientation.

Sponsored Links
Yes this is how conspiracy theories start, when "here" should be "in Portugal" as you well know.
Not really.

Had it happened in the UK and you commented on it, would you have included 'here'?
Plus of course, the link I posted yesterday was obvious.

I always say in the UK when I mean there.

Nonsense.

4. The protected characteristics

The following characteristics are protected characteristics—

age;

disability;

gender reassignment;

marriage and civil partnership;

pregnancy and maternity;

race;

religion or belief;

sex;

sexual orientation.

Try section 39 Einstein.
I know it's difficult to read past the third line, but sometimes it's necessary.

Sponsored Links
And what part of section 39 mentions or includes vaccination?

but refusing a safe vaccine is a clear choice that someone believes they're better off without it. So let them be better off without.
Yeah. And all the fatties, smokers, drunks, cyclists, motorists, trannies, gardeners, DIYers and everyone else who needs medical attention due to their own actions can go without treatment too.

Shut the hospitals, spend the money on more sensible things, not people making themselves ill.

Yeah. And all the fatties, smokers, drunks, cyclists, motorists, trannies, gardeners, DIYers and everyone else who needs medical attention due to their own actions can go without treatment too.

Shut the hospitals, spend the money on more sensible things, not people making themselves ill.
Yeah, Gardeners are strange people and not to be trusted, I'll give you that.

And what part of section 39 mentions or includes vaccination?
I know, it's not for you.
I promised never to explain legislation via google, but if you go to a library and search "indirect discrimination" and the legal concept of "belief" you (maybe not you but the average human) might start grasping the concept of the equality act and section 39 related to employment.

I know, it's not for you.
I promised never to explain legislation via google, but if you go to a library and search "indirect discrimination" and the legal concept of "belief" you (maybe not you but the average human) might start grasping the concept of the equality act and section 39 related to employment.
You might be confused as that's in section 19. :rolleyes:

I think your choice not to try to explain legislation was very wise. Try harder.

If the government use the tracing app to monitor vaccines they will have control over this. A colleague's son got it, so colleague had to stay at home too. He went out into his garden, well, small holding, and within 5 minutes had a phone call asking him why he left home. He explained he has several acres and was still at home. But, they are watching. It would be easy to see if somebody with the app and didn't have a vaccine was near a school, care home, hospital etc. and contact them to ask, WTF are you thinking????

Jeez! I'm glad I won't ever have a smart phone.

Can't believe the appetite for overbearing state control. The more this very suspect government push this vaccine on us, the less I like it. And as for a safe, tested vaccine - how would we know any long term side effects? Seem to be lots willing to dive in. Best to let them test it on oldies first.

Also, what is the problem for those who want to excercise their personal liberty not to have the vaccine? Surely if the vaccine is so effective, then anti-vaxers will just be a risk of spreading it to other anti-vaxers. Do we villify those who don't have the annual flu jab as they could give flu to an older person who go on to develop pneumonia and possibly die? I think a few need to step back from the hysteria, forget the over-hyped government stats and take a more subjective view of the whole situation.

Last edited:
Masks, lockdown, home schooling, distancing, no sitting down for food and drink, no bingo, no visits to dying parents locked in lagers (aka care homes), no work, no relatives' visits, no sport, no birthdays, no weddings, no events, no haircuts, no manicure, no pedicure, no massage of any kind...
Should I continue???

You forgot prohibition, with Welsh pubs allowed to open but not serve alcohol.

And council stasi harrasing hard-pressed publicans.

Remember, when you buy the government line and let them scare you with things like over-hyped Covid death stats, etc, etc into accepting any number of bizarre, draconian rules and forced medical interventions - you surrender you rights and liberties. Permanently. There is no going back.

I am astounded that people who think the gov trying (badly, admittedly) to deal with a world-wide pandemic is akin to living in a dictatorship! Who knew?

You sure about that? Don't think you've been paying attention. They're crushing any lockdown dissent - even from little old ladies.

Even those on the Tory benches can see what's happening and don't like it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back