Slowly but surely...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not that clear
The uncertainty surrounding Brexit was one factor in the analysis. That from the link you posted. They are re organising globaly, Brexit just hastened the inevitable job cuts.
Indeed .1 factor,!

They don't care.
whssign.gif

Thousands who work in the industry will be out of work and will be roaming the streets looking to blame some
But they won't see them.

They cannot see the blameworthy people now, and they won't see them after TSHHTF.

A working party may well be sent to North Korea in order to seek Kim il Jungs advice

Well that's what my neighbour slippery reckons
I wouldn't take any notice of him - he is so thick he can't even get the guy's name right.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take any notice of him - he is so thick he can't even get the guy's name right.

I would not take any notice of him he is so thick he would be hard pushed to find his backside in the dark with both hands and a torch :LOL::LOL:

Incidentally any one who voted remain must be a racist ?? :LOL:

Slowly but surely,,Ref2 in/out aint going to happen this side of a JC second coming.

I don't understand why every committed leaver isn't shouting from the rooftops for a second vote. I can't think of a better way for them to dispel all the doubts and questions about the integrity of the first one, to show beyond doubt that remainers are an out-of-touch minority and so on.

Surely the more sure any leaver is of the rectitude of his cause, and of the democratic support for his favoured course of action, the more he should be demanding "bring it on".

• The costs of doing it would be insignificant in the context of just the cost of preparing to leave. AIUI the official public cost of Ref 1 was about £142M, less than 3.5% of what's been set aside so far for Brexit preparations, and less than 3-days worth of NHS £350M per week. Cost is not a serious objection.
  • The time taken also could not be a serious objection when set against the 50-year timescale for leaving to make us better off. What real difference will it make if we go into the black in, say September 2069 instead of March 2069?
  • Nobody who would be fed up with the campaigning and process of voting again would have to take part. Like any other election they would be free to take as much or as little notice as they wanted to, and would be free to decide whether to spend a few minutes in a polling station or not.
  • It's impossible to see how a case could be made that a second vote would be disrespecting the result of the first. Politicians saying "You know what? We've decided leaving is stupid and we aren't going to do it" - that would be disrespecting the will of the public. But this:

"You said you wanted to leave, so we started the process of leaving. This is the deal we have negotiated, so will you please tell us do you want to:

a) Leave on the basis of this deal
    b) Just walk away and not sign up to this deal
    c) Remain after all"​

is the opposite of disrespecting. Even a web browser asks if you're sure if you try to close it with more than one tab open.

Sponsored Links
Back