Smart Meters

More speculation... please provide some form of evidence?

I would be happy to switch my opinion had I seen something to prove what you are saying.

You have nothing to fear, you are doing nothing wrong.

Please provide a reason why smart meters are capable of SO MUCH MORE than simply passing your usage details for billing purposes.

Sponsored Links
Would you mind paying a split rate for your electricity, along the lines of cheap during the day when you're all out but expensive at night when you're all snuggled up in front of your goggle box?

How about a 14yr old hacker just cutting you off for no apparent reason . . . or even your Guv'mnt rationing your supply for no apparent reason other than a perceived & hysterical environmental issue.

P.S. Enjoy your sleep.

Or power consumption data giving away the fact that the op has a 'growing' room. ;);)

I am happy with my smart meter and will promote them to friends and family until I learn otherwise.

So who's going to start the new thread "aliens are amongst us" :D

Conspiracy Saturday. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
What a lot of folk don't realise is that unless it's wind or water powered ALL electricity is generated by steam.

Basically, they heat water until it becomes steam then pass this steam through a turbine to generate the actual electricity.

When you next pass one of these huge power stations, gaze in wonder & admiration at the colossal scale of the operation, rest safely assured that the large part of your income spent on electricity is well spent.

Did you know that even a large steam turbine electricity generator is not much bigger than a single decker bus?

That the average power station contains approx 6 (six) of them?

Does it really take a building that is cathedral sized X4 to park up 6 single deck buses?

smartmetertank.jpg

All speculation. While you say it doesn't mean you are wrong it also doesn't mean you are right.

Every person I have spoken to in person who has had a smart meter meter has been able to bring there bills down now they no longer get estimates and are able to monitor usage and change habits accordingly. This includes myself for my electric, I have been sending email after email threatning cancellation if they do not fit one on my gas.

Other than speculation you have posted here I have heard nothing bad of them, are you able to post some links to stories or instances of what you are saying has happened?

The older generation usually do not like change (not that I know your age). I remember when wifi started going big and people held out for ages thinking they would have hackers sitting outside there houses, best thing since sliced bread. :D

How exactly is that achieved?

I'm quite happy to be convinced but when I researched these meters I couldn't find one single key benefit to the consumer.

How exactly is that achieved?

I'm quite happy to be convinced but when I researched these meters I couldn't find one single key benefit to the consumer.

I am not sure I understand your question. If you can see what you use daily it's easier to know where all your money is being wasted and change habits. For instance I use to use my tumble drier all the time before my smart meter until I realised how much it was costing me so now I opt to airier dry and only tumble dry towels/bedding etc.

Or power consumption data giving away the fact that the op has a 'growing' room. ;);)

I hope you don't think that mentioning 'growing' room gives you street, or reflects that you might even be hangin' or with it.

'Cos you ain't Bro'.

They don't burn the leccy & they don't create the heat for at least 5yrs now.

I am not sure I understand your question. If you can see what you use daily it's easier to know where all your money is being wasted and change habits. For instance I use to use my tumble drier all the time before my smart meter until I realised how much it was costing me so now I opt to airier dry and only tumble dry towels/bedding etc.

I can look at the fuking light and see if it's on or not?

I can look at the fuking light and see if it's on or not?

With an estimate bill you do not know what is costing you a lot and what is not. Being able to see daily what you spend helps change habits easily. I have gone back and compared usage before and after my smart meter and I now use a lot less.

People who start swearing at me for no reason other than a problem with themselves I ignore. Bye :censored:

I am going to now back out of this conversation. Needing to try and insult because you have nothing else you can really say is quite sad...:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back