Smoking to be banned in 2023

Sponsored Links
Wonder what those arguing for the decriminalisation of dope think about this?

I don't smoke and gave up smoking over 20 years ago. I don't know why anyone would want to smoke nowadays. Its not a social thing to do any more as you can't smoke indoors, we all know the health risks, and its really expensive.

But no, we shouldn't ban it. Government should try and deter people with advertising, higher tax etc, but ultimately in my opinion its not for government to attempt to control any further.

Sponsored Links
I say yes. I like the rolling age ban approach.

Anyone who's 18 can smoke now, next year it would be raised to 19 to buy cigarettes, in 2024 it would be raised to 20 years old to buy them. In 2032 you'd have to be 28 to buy cigarettes etc.

By any metric smoking is really bad for you. 1 in 7 smokers die from it and 2/3 of lifelong smokers die from it. That's insanely dangerous.

When you can ask 'is it worse than Heroin' and aren't absolutely sure about the answer that's pretty awful

Although the policy approach might differ from country to country, I expect smoking bans will become more common across various countries in years to come. Part of the great health reset.

Ban It!

Aunt & Uncle both smoked all their lives - didn't have any affect on them but their daughter has suffered badly from their smoking. I'm sad to say she has had 3 treatments for cancer all attributed to her parents smoking.

They would have to heavily tax something else instead, any suggestions?
Rumpy pumpy? At my age that wouldn't really be a burden, but I can see it being a big issue for Boris Johnson...

I've never smoked. but my social life became personally a lot more pleasant when smoking in restaurants was banned. That said, I feel it is a matter of personal choice.

Rumpy pumpy? At my age that wouldn't really be a burden, but I can see it being a big issue for Boris Johnson...

I've never smoked. but my social life became personally a lot more pleasant when smoking in restaurants was banned. That said, I feel it is a matter of personal choice.
I agree with this. It might be someone's choice to smoke, however it's not others choice to smell and inhale the smoke.

Public spaces, quite right it's banned.

You should try having your kids on heroin after firstly putting up with them on fags. You'd work out the answer PDQ.
Playing devil's advocate the high is so much better. Personal choice is a thing after all.

For the record I would be unamused by either and more by IV drug use. I can't think of any legal activity that is even close to smoking, can you? The reason I mentioned Heroin use is it's the only thing I can come up with that's vaguely comparable in terms of how likely it is to kill you.

You should try having your kids on heroin after firstly putting up with them on fags. You'd work out the answer PDQ.

More addicts give up heroin than fags.

Interestingly, drugs researchers tell me the "gateway" drug starting the career is not dope.

It's fags.

Compared to the 70s very few people smoke now, I remember the workshops where I served my time , every other guy had a fag on the go, and then there were the "social smokers" who only lit up when they had a pint (that was me), I worked with one tradesman who used to stick his lit ciggie in his ear when he was doing something tricky.

Sponsored Links
Back