Smoking to be banned in 2023

The anti smoking campaign and high price of tobacco products have worked to a certain extent.
I remember when all my friends and family bar a couple of them were smokers, including me.
Now only 2 people I know are regular smokers.
Problem with young people is this vape thing.
I see 12 and 13 year old kids vaping in school uniform.
I picked up a scrap of paper in college earlier today. Turned out to be from some form of vape gadget.
Warnings included but not limited to; Don't use this if you are pregnant, suffer from chest problems such as asthma, COPD, bronchitis,, pleurisy, etc.
Do not use this product if you are under 16 years of age. Do not use this product if you have liver, kidney, heart, spleen problems.
This product is pure nicotine and contains no other substances. Nicotine is a very addictive substance and inducing it can cause any or all of the following; light headiness, disorientation, headaches, nausea, disturbed vision, loss of balance, sore joints, arthritis, incoherency, fatigue, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, bodily chemical imbalance, a feeling of euphoria, feelings of despondency, feelings of paranoia and other side effects.
If in doubt, consult your GP before using this product.
And people say this is safer than smoking! :rolleyes:
I'll carry on with the fags thank you. At least they have had over 60 years of continuing research carried out. Unlike these vapes, which have had about 5 minutes worth of research, in the grand scheme of things.

Sponsored Links
I picked up a scrap of paper in college earlier today. Turned out to be from some form of vape gadget.
Warnings included but not limited to; Don't use this if you are pregnant, suffer from chest problems such as asthma, COPD, bronchitis,, pleurisy, etc.
Do not use this product if you are under 16 years of age. Do not use this product if you have liver, kidney, heart, spleen problems.
This product is pure nicotine and contains no other substances. Nicotine is a very addictive substance and inducing it can cause any or all of the following; light headiness, disorientation, headaches, nausea, disturbed vision, loss of balance, sore joints, arthritis, incoherency, fatigue, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, bodily chemical imbalance, a feeling of euphoria, feelings of despondency, feelings of paranoia and other side effects.
If in doubt, consult your GP before using this product.
And people say this is safer than smoking! :rolleyes:
I'll carry on with the fags thank you. At least they have had over 60 years of continuing research carried out. Unlike these vapes, which have had about 5 minutes worth of research, in the grand scheme of things.
Except that fags impart the same symptoms but are a lot more unhealthy. Why do either especially stinking fags.

At least with fags I know what the 'possible' outcome may be whereas these chemical vapes seem to have so many cocktail variants, (sweet cherry, lemon and lime, strawberry, mint and comfrey etc), you have no idea what is happening inside you until it may be to late. People have been known to suddenly die after starting vaping because they had an allergic reaction to one of the myriad of substances used in the manufacturing process. I've never heard of anyone suddenly dying after smoking one cigarette, though it may have happened somewhere in the world.

myriad of substances
Have you ever looked at the numerous noxious health destroying substances that make up cigarette smoke? The one that you are addicted to - nicotine is mingled with all kinds of stinking waste.

Sponsored Links
Yes, and I've also witnessed someone I was close to die of throat cancer caused by cigarettes. Death comes to us all in one form or another.
I was once involved in a car accident 10 months after I had packed in smoking. A person in authority said if I hadn't avoided the vehicle in front then my car would have been crushed beyond recognition and I would be sitting there talking to her. So basically I wouldn't have gained anything by packing in. That was about 30 years ago and, on the whole, I have enjoyed life and am still healthier than most men my age according to my GP and my kidney consultant. My weight is a steady 11st, blood pressure is always around the 120-125 over 67-73 and my lung capacity tests show results equivalent to a 40 year old non smoker.
As I said, I'll carry on with the fags. ;)

Yes, and I've also witnessed someone I was close to die of throat cancer caused by cigarettes. Death comes to us all in one form or another.
I was once involved in a car accident 10 months after I had packed in smoking. A person in authority said if I hadn't avoided the vehicle in front then my car would have been crushed beyond recognition and I would be sitting there talking to her. So basically I wouldn't have gained anything by packing in. That was about 30 years ago and, on the whole, I have enjoyed life and am still healthier than most men my age according to my GP and my kidney consultant. My weight is a steady 11st, blood pressure is always around the 120-125 over 67-73 and my lung capacity tests show results equivalent to a 40 year old non smoker.
As I said, I'll carry on with the fags. ;)
And if you keep smoking it is probably what will kill you. It's your life.

I don't think people who haven't gotten hooked yet should be allowed to chose that poorly.

May I ask how much a year you spend on fags?
On average about £47 a week. So 47 x 52 = £2,444
Can I ask how much you spend on alcohol or sky tv or going to watch 22 men kick a ball around?
Costs of things are subjective to the person willing to pay them.

People are living longer ( life expectancy)

People born today or under 4 could have a life expectancy of 100

Living with manageable conditions
State having to pay pensions for longer deal with old age issues for longer ect ect

Blimey encourage people to smoke and they will snuff it earlier

Save the Country a fortune

And in any event it’s got nowt to do with any one as to if people smoke as long as it’s distanced from others

As for drugs ??? Legalise that as well Afai am concerned ???

Sponsored Links
Back