Smoking to be banned in 2023

On average about £47 a week. So 47 x 52 = £2,444
Can I ask how much you spend on alcohol or sky tv or going to watch 22 men kick a ball around?
Costs of things are subjective to the person willing to pay them.
It sounds like you smoke filter tipped at that price.
A 50g pack of rolling baccy costs £24 - it was less than three quid when i started - and that'll last about a week, maybe less if i'm not as busy or more stressed out than usual. I switched to roll-ups as filters were so much more expensive and didn't have the same flavour.
People who don't smoke can't understand how good tobacco can be, and even after hearing all the arguments i simply tell 'em i enjoy it - just as they enjoy a glass of whiskey or a pint. Alcohol will kill you as much as tobacco but the govt. won't introduce Prohibition in this country, will they?

Sponsored Links
People who don't smoke can't understand how good tobacco can be, and even after hearing all the arguments i simply tell 'em i enjoy it - just as they enjoy a glass of whiskey or a pint. Alcohol will kill you as much as tobacco but the govt. won't introduce Prohibition in this country, will they?
I think we need to take a serious look into banning all alcohol.

A 50g pack of hand rolling tobacco costs £24ish IN THE SHOPS.

Luckily, a lot of hand rollers have their own supply lines where prices vary from £10 to £15 according to the normal rules of supply & demand.

Sponsored Links
What we'll do is we'll take note of all the reasons they'll use to rationalise a smoking ban. We'll simply replace all the tobacco adjectives with alcohol ones.
Who are the 'we' you say will do this?
I thought all the Puritans went over the sea to the USofA to persecute the Natives many years ago.

After we've banned alcohol & tobacco we need to take a close look at sugar.

On average about £47 a week. So 47 x 52 = £2,444
Can I ask how much you spend on alcohol or sky tv or going to watch 22 men kick a ball around?
Costs of things are subjective to the person willing to pay them.

My apologies, I wasn't pointing any fingers.

Many many years ago, I smoked at least 20 Bensons a day, at nearly £14 a pack, that would be at least £5000 a year...:eek::eek:

So glad I managed to quit.

Alcohol will kill you as much as tobacco but the govt. won't introduce Prohibition in this country, will they?
It's a strange situation in a way. I think there's general acknowledgment that, if alcoholic drinks and cigarettes (as we know them today) had only been discovered more recently, they wouldn't have been legalised. Maybe a bit like the situation we find ourselves in with cannabis.

When younger, I had my fair share of going out at weekends and basically drinking too much. That's another strange one in a way. Was watching one of those police tv progs the other night showing various town/city centres at the weekend. Copious amounts of mainly younger folk getting progressively more intoxicated until many of them couldn't stand up. Then comes the arguing, fighting etc. All with a cost to monitor and control (police.)

However, I don't agree with outright bans. Yes I don't doubt it would reduce the number of users, however I think the old cliché would end up being true. The industries would be driven underground with no control over quality, links to crime by those who produce the stuff etc.

Talk of banning alcohol is a silly distraction. Which is typical for Dork.

Banning tobacco would be counterproductive. But if the political goal is to add fuel to the massive drug black market so that zealous drug warriors have another enemy in their failed war on drugs, go ahead.

Sponsored Links
Back