soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am unlucky that i have to put a soil pipe across the beams, i cant go above, so i will have to go through the living room ceiling, can i cut into the ceiling beams, if so by how much. i will also be using plastic pipe for all the plumming in the new bathroom, is this a good idear or bad idear. thanks Geoff

Sponsored Links
i doubt you'll be putting a soil pipe across any beams.
the average beam is 7"- 8" that can't be notched to take a soil pipe.

what size soil pipe and beam is it ?

This is a very bad "idear"

If there is no other way to route your soil pipe then you may have to resort to the dreaded world of the poo pumps, macerators.

Pete

i doubt you'll be putting a soil pipe across any beams.
the average beam is 7"- 8" that can't be notched to take a soil pipe.

what size soil pipe and beam is it ?
Hi
The beam is 8", The run is about 10ft. its got to take an on suite and main bathroom waste. it will be boxed in in the living room, i want to try to make the box as small as possible.
thanks Geoff

Sponsored Links
i am unlucky that i have to put a soil pipe across the beams, i cant go above, so i will have to go through the living room ceiling, can i cut into the ceiling beams, if so by how much. i will also be using plastic pipe for all the plumming in the new bathroom, is this a good idear or bad idear. thanks Geoff
You could take the plasterboard off the ceiling and get the pipe up by about 15mm- then box tight to that- Plastic pipes are fine for supplies , if you follow the instructions ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back