speed up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there are plenty of road signs reminding us to slow down, but non telling dodderers to speed up again.

it may be useful to inform some people that the speed limit has increased again, or to remind them that they don't necessarily have to slow down to 20mph whilst driving through a 40mph speed camera.

:cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Irritating, isn't it?

To be fair, many people can come upon a speed camera in say a 40mph limit and be momentarily unsure whether it's a 40 or a 30, so they slow to under 30 just to be sure.

Our nearest speed camera is on a wide, straight road on a gentle gradient. Nearly everybody troops past at 25mph. Then they allow their speed to creep up to say 35mph for the next section, a narrow piece of road which is quite a bit steeper.

How this contributes to road safety is a mystery that defeats me.

min30_CC.gif

There are already signs telling folk the speed limit has altered.

They're called repeaters!!

Sponsored Links
Are there any of those blue minimum speed limit signs around (not the 80 of course!)? In the 13 or so years of driving I have yet to remember seeing one.

It dosnt matter how fast you go, you wont get there any faster! and it won't be fast enough. hic!

Are there any of those blue minimum speed limit signs around (not the 80 of course!)? In the 13 or so years of driving I have yet to remember seeing one.

theyre quite often on things like long bridges to stop people gawking at the view and holding up the traffic.

It doesnt matter how fast you go, you wont get there any faster!
I understand the sentiment and sometimes this proves to be the case ... But not always and not scientifically true of course.

And it won't be fast enough
100% correct though

MW

Some days in the early morning I am unlucky enough to be behind a skoda driver on a slip road joining a 50mph A road (A14).

He does 30mph on the slip road ,unsurprisingly lots of people overtake him.

He then does 40mph (easy lad!) on the A road causing everyone to overtake.

One day I expect to see him crushed by one of the many lorries coming from Felixstowe.

Until then I will try and keep out of his way :eek:

Let's wait and see if Joe owns up to being your mystery driver ... It certainly sounds like his style :LOL:

I make a point of overtaking people doing 35 past a speed camera in a 40 area. Theres 2 on my route to work, both on a dual carriageway. People are so scared of them. I do bang on 40 past them. :)

Theres also a very frutrating bit of road over the A1 that I pass. The dual carriageway ends after I go over the A1 - theres about half a mile of clear 2 lanes before the road goes back to a normal single carriageway - plenty of space to overtake any lorries before the long single c/way up to wakefield. But just as the road changes, a lane joins from the left, carrying traffic thats just left the A1 north, Wakefield bound. And theres a lot of lorries, due to the distribution centres at south elmsall. :( So I just clear all them lorries, and then more join :(
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=53.5800507&lon=-1.220212&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

Sponsored Links
Back