Take away......

B

Bodd

I won't use Deliveroo or any of their competitors.. I'd rather use the takeaway direct.
Its now claimed workers earn less than the minimum wage from Deliveroo who sponsor the England football team.

Sponsored Links
I just wouldn’t trust a delivery person on low wages to deliver my meals without having a little nibble on the way! :cautious:

The delivery company that has no delivery vehicles & a handful of employees are about to be floated for about 6.5 billion apparently.

Sponsored Links
The delivery company that has no delivery vehicles & a handful of employees are about to be floated for about 6.5 billion apparently.

they are having trouble finding buyers because of the risk that their poor employment practices may be outlawed.

Not only increasing costs and cutting profits for the future, but possibly being forced to pay NI, holiday pay, sick pay etc from the past.

"Legal and General joins investors shunning Deliveroo IPO"

"Food delivery group faces backlash against working practices and shareholder structure"

"The UK’s largest fund manager has become the latest big investor to say it plans to skip Deliveroo’s initial public offering next week as a backlash gathers pace against its dual-class share structure and its treatment of workers. Legal and General Investment Management, which oversees £1.3tn in assets, told the Financial Times it was “unlikely to participate” in the IPO, either in its active or passive portfolios.

A number of large institutional investors have voiced concerns around the proposed shareholder structure, which will give Deliveroo’s founder enhanced voting power. Some also see potential regulatory risk as governments around the world take a closer look at the gig economy model, further threatening the food delivery company’s ability to turn a profit.

M&G, Aberdeen Standard Investments and Aviva Investors, which collectively oversee more than £1tn in assets, have told the Financial Times they will shun next week’s listing, which is expected to be the UK’s largest IPO in a decade. Several smaller fund houses that invest heavily in UK stocks are also planning to avoid it."

Bit of a kick in the teeth for people who like to profit by abusing the working class.

Must be an election coming along

"Deliveroo has also faced growing questions about its treatment of the 100,000 couriers who deliver its orders. A study by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and the Independent Workers’ Union of Great Britain found that, on an hourly basis, many Deliveroo couriers in the UK were paid less than the minimum wage."

It’s not a business I’d support. Last time I fancied a McDonald’s (rarely) I couldn’t believe 90% of the people in queue were delivery riders. Such a crazy concept.

I have 2 pizza places and a fish and chip shop less than a 500m walk away, so I prefer the old fashioned approach of collecting my own.

McDonald’s is only luke warm when they hand it over the counter, let alone being driven to you on a motorbike.

Andy

We’ve only had two takeaways since lockdown, both been fish & chips. Not felt comfortable with Indian as you can’t see it being cooked and the pandemic has made me think about the bames that prepare it. I’m just (probably wrongly) imagining poorly paid staff that don’t get sick pay turning up for work coughing and sweating all over my food. Pre-lockdown, the only delivery takeaways we've eaten have been Indian when we’ve had regular meet ups round ours or friends houses when there’s been 8 or 10 of us and it’s been a massive order that’s needed an hour or more notice.

Me
It’s not a business I’d support. Last time I fancied a McDonald’s (rarely) I couldn’t believe 90% of the people in queue were delivery riders. Such a crazy concept.

I have 2 pizza places and a fish and chip shop less than a 500m walk away, so I prefer the old fashioned approach of collecting my own.
Me too...

I had an emergency call out to an Indian restaurant, the manhole was overflowing. Pulling up the manhole and looking into it, I said to the manger that it looked like chicken Korma. I then said it comes out the same colour as it goes in. He didn't find it funny. But I did laugh!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

If was paying your rates I'd find it hard to laugh....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back