Tesco Vs Aldi

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for that, I did find those......however although the package says 'cooking apples', the actual apples themselves are not, they are jonagold eaters. I don't know why they don't sell Bramley apple cookers.
You can cook with them ok but yeah, I don't understand why no bramley. Perhaps in store but not online? They have in sains ok, saw them the other day.

i used to give my friend petrol money to take me to lidles 6 miles away now he was overly tight and i was too generous and i would offer him £11 and he would accept [based on an offer off £5 for local up to 2 miles and £10 for 6 miles for a taxi one way]
most freinds would take perhaps half what is offered but he took the full £11 [journey plus tip ]
any way the main point if you get an asda annual mid week pass it costs 46p for a delivery [£24 divided by 52] in my instance i could save between £8 and £10 on shopping at lidle so a no brainer use asda and even giving the driver a £1 tea voucher i am £2 better off with no early starts when my freind took me

I feel like this may be stretch the term 'friend' somewhat.

A friend would probably be doing it for free, unless they were pretty desperate for money.

Sponsored Links
I feel like this may be stretch the term 'friend' somewhat.

A friend would probably be doing it for free, unless they were pretty desperate for money.
yes i am quite a generous sole and he was shall we say a "slow thinker" so others would take advantage and sometimes be derogatory so was trying to be supportive until i retired and the cost off £11 went from pin money to quite a chunk off my spare cash each week :LOL:

i used to give my friend petrol money to take me to lidles 6 miles away now he was overly tight and i was too generous and i would offer him £11 and he would accept [based on an offer off £5 for local up to 2 miles and £10 for 6 miles for a taxi one way]
most freinds would take perhaps half what is offered but he took the full £11 [journey plus tip ]
any way the main point if you get an asda annual mid week pass it costs 46p for a delivery [£24 divided by 52] in my instance i could save between £8 and £10 on shopping at lidle so a no brainer use asda and even giving the driver a £1 tea voucher i am £2 better off with no early starts when my freind took me

That's terrible, If he was a mate he would just take enough to cover fuel, about £3.00

I wouldn't mind sharing the petrol cost, though for such a short trip it might be more neighbourly to pay for tea and a doughnut instead. On a long journey, IME it's more common for the passenger to get out and go to the till in the petrol station.

It would be easier if the driver said "no, no, I couldn't accept money" and the passenger said "well let me buy you a tea (or a beer) then."

paying a rate based on taxi fares is a bit steep.

Not that bleedin' slow!
i try not to use standard negative or stereotypical word :rolleyes::D
i suspect he is a bit autistic because detail and correctness seem to be what he is good at where as social fairness or etiquette seem to be just another numbers game where emotion and compromise are not logical in his mind:D

What I was thinking. Less friend - more private hire driver.
you need to remember its the whole person and what he does that determines a good freind or a bad freind :D
after all you dont know what he does for nought or put back into the local society just my ramblings about shopping (y)
sometimes you do odd things to keep a friendship sweet but eventually make excuses and change what you do to stop a situation turning into a problem between freinds off 40 years ;)

I prefer Lidl to Aldi
Lidl meat is good

We have some bad experiences with red meat from both, plus find their chicken Kiev inedible recovered and shaped, tasteless meat. So now we buy from local butcher. We also buy fruit and veg from them carefully, or buy it from a local shop for quality. Tesco/ Sainsburys are certainly no better.

We do buy most other things from Lidl or Aldi, though prefer Lidl for more things. Nothing nasty or down market with either, they are (or our locals are) comparable to Tesco and Sainsburys.

yes i am quite a generous sole and he was shall we say a "slow thinker" so others would take advantage and sometimes be derogatory so was trying to be supportive until i retired and the cost off £11 went from pin money to quite a chunk off my spare cash each week :LOL:

i try not to use standard negative or stereotypical word :rolleyes::D
i suspect he is a bit autistic because detail and correctness seem to be what he is good at where as social fairness or etiquette seem to be just another numbers game where emotion and compromise are not logical in his mind:D

Quite a couple you must have made! :)

Sponsored Links
Back