Tesco Vs Aldi

What I was thinking. Less friend - more private hire driver.

There is a world of difference between a taxi which is on the go all the time and a private car which maybe has to be got out specially to do someone favour. I don't think would feel inclined to get my car out specially, to take someone on a shopping trip for £11. There is also the problem of car insurance, driving someone for hire or reward.

We have never used any of the delivery services, she walks to and from the local co-located Lidl, Tesco, Home Bargains stores or Main St local shops - all within a ten minute walk. When a big, heavy shop is needed, I get the car out.

Sponsored Links
There is a world of difference between a taxi which is on the go all the time and a private car which maybe has to be got out specially to do someone favour. I don't think would feel inclined to get my car out specially, to take someone on a shopping trip for £11. There is also the problem of car insurance, driving someone for hire or reward.
You remind me of my wifes aunty who rarely has anything electrical on in the car, for fear of using a thimbles worth of extra petrol. Last time we travelled with her, I chucked two quid in her dash tray so we could warm up and see out of the wind screen.

I don't think would feel inclined to get my car out
Has it not got an engine?

You remind me of my wifes aunty who rarely has anything electrical on in the car, for fear of using a thimbles worth of extra petrol. Last time we travelled with her, I chucked two quid in her dash tray so we could warm up and see out of the wind screen.

Has it not got an engine?
Yep, 2L diesel.

Why drive to the gym and pay money to the gym, when leaving the car at home and walking is just as effective?

Sponsored Links
In that case, why drive at all?

I'm inclined to use my car/van seeing as I have one, especially for those in need.

We have some bad experiences with red meat from both, plus find their chicken Kiev inedible recovered and shaped, tasteless meat.
We have too. Having observed what goes on in several stores, I deduce the reason for this is that stock is trundled out onto the shop floor, and is then abandoned, left far too long before being put in the chiller cabs.

As far as chicken Kiev goes, the original consisted of a whole breast, slit open and stuffed.

Nowadays, at least 4 Kievs could be formed from one chicken breast. The meat is usually injected with water, minced and then bulked out with fillers before being mechanically rolled and shaped.

In that case, why drive at all?

I'm inclined to use my car/van seeing as I have one, especially for those in need.

There is a limit on how far it is sensible to walk and on how much I can carry. I often see perfectly able people jump in their cars, to travel 100 yards.

We have too. Having observed what goes on in several stores, I deduce the reason for this is that stock is trundled out onto the shop floor, and is then abandoned, left far too long before being put in the chiller cabs.

As far as chicken Kiev goes, the original consisted of a whole breast, slit open and stuffed.

Nowadays, at least 4 Kievs could be formed from one chicken breast. The meat is usually injected with water, minced and then bulked out with fillers before being mechanically rolled and shaped.

I didn't mean meat poorly kept, rather it is just poor quality meat - tough steaks, tough beef, the last steaks we got from Lidl were inedible, they were given to the dogs.

The proper whole breast version is what we buy from our local butcher, taste and texture is what it should be. I have bought the Aldi/Lidl/Tesco/ASDA version and they are total rubbish. I have gone in restaurants and asked before ordering if they are proper chicken breasts and sent them back when have been mechanically recovered meat when delivered to the table.

There is a limit on how far it is sensible to walk and on how much I can carry. I often see perfectly able people jump in their cars, to travel 100 yards.
That's a great argument but does not reasonably apply to criticisms of BigAll, especially to those who live many miles from a shop. "Getting my car out" isn't a problem for us because we have and engine.

Last edited:
That's a great argument does not reasonably apply to criticisms of BigAll, especially to those who live many miles from a shop. "Getting my car out" isn't a problem for us because we have and engine.

By the time I have opened the garage door, opened the drive gates, got the car out of the drive, shut everything back up, driven and found somewhere to park at the shop, then reversed the process on the way back - I could have walked there and been well on the way back. If I need the car, I use the car, but I don't make frivolous use of it.

Obviously if you live miles away from the shops, you use a car, or public transport to go there.

Like the bell ends who circle the gym car park for a space close to the doors, to then run on a treadmill for half an hour.........

I used to know someone who switched off his windscreen wipers going under bridges.

Like the bell ends who circle the gym car park for a space close to the doors, to then run on a treadmill for half an hour.........

Well you want to be near the Escalator.

escalator.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back