Test for prostate cancer

I’ve got to catch three different turds before they hit the water
Get some foil dishes in the supermarket - the small single portion takeaway size.

When done do not put them in the fridge, freezer , microwave or dishwasher.

Actually, if you line them with a couple of layers of kitchen roll you can easily dispose of the contents once you've finished poking at it. I still would not advise re-use of the container though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I had an ultrasound scan of the abdominal area recently, and if I'd drunk enough water before it, then they'd have been able to tell in the prostate was enlarged, but obviously this service costs more than a rubber glove and some lube.

I have endocrine problems and have a PSA test every time I get my hormone levels tested.

I have had a probe or 3.

I have had various examinations by male and female nurses and doctors of every bit of my anatomy.

There's not much that embarrasses me any more!

Sponsored Links
Hi Folks

Many thanks for your responses. For the cancer test, shall I go private or NHS?

Is it less uncomfortable going private?

Trust me, it'll be the same whichever one you use, so why open the wallet. Private doctors just have prettier receptionists, but are often just moonlighting from their day job, as an NHS doctor.

Hi Folks

Many thanks for your responses. For the cancer test, shall I go private or NHS?

Is it less uncomfortable going private?

It is when you get to the Biopsy Stage it tends to get a bit uncomfortable. so would not make any difference.

It is when you get to the Biopsy Stage it tends to get a bit uncomfortable
Anyone who has ever opened the bonnet of a car and the lid of his toolbox, and applied the contents of the latter to what is under the former has suffered far, far worse.

As promised, it's like being flicked with an elastic band.

Hi Folks

Once again many thanks for your responses. I am going this week to the doctors and sh*t scared (pardon the pun) of having the finger test. From what I have read from these posts, the blood test is not that reliable? If that is the case, why do blokes have the blood test? The main reason why I'm scared of having the finger test is because whenever I go for a poo, it is sometimes painful and when I am wiping I can see traces of blood. I don't want the finger test to make things worse.

Has anybody had an ultra scan of the abdominal area? Does that give accurate results in regards to detection of prostate cancer?

Thanks in advance for you responses.

FFS stop worrying about it. it doesn't hurt, 're your back passage bleeding, then that's the perfe t chance for a first look at that too 10:1 you probably have piles. Bon chance and stop fretting unnecessarily .

Do not worry, are you constipated if so it could be Piles, whatever it is seek medical treatment.
A blood test is the first step, other tests are needed, Doctors do these tests everyday.

You missed my post over the abdominal scan, but you won't get one unless there are other issues. I'd guarantee that you've got piles or rectal tears, and you need more fruit and liquid in your diet. The test is a bit uncomfortable, but you're worrying unnecessarily.

Honestly, when I had my blood results, the Doc said all was good. I said that I was not happy and that and that I was not that prudish or reluctant to have the finger either. He casually said, off with your trousers and pants, hop up on the bed whilst I glove up. A minute later I was putting them back on. Have a laugh about it with your Doc to break the ice.

The main reason why I'm scared of having the finger test is because whenever I go for a poo, it is sometimes painful and when I am wiping I can see traces of blood. I don't want the finger test to make things worse.
You'll come away thinking "I won't be taking it up as a hobby, but in the grand scheme of things it was OK".

Sponsored Links
Back