The beginning of the end?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For Covid - 19?

"Coronavirus-infected patients also ‘don’t seem as sick, on average, as they were’ says trust chief executive."

He added there could be signs the virus may be weakening, although cautioning patient numbers were so small it could be a “coincidence”.

Fingers crossed....

Sponsored Links
Or the end of the beginning...………..

A teeny glimmer of optimism though.

For Covid - 19?

"Coronavirus-infected patients also ‘don’t seem as sick, on average, as they were’ says trust chief executive."

I'd suspect it's because we've been doing inadequate testing, so only the severe cases got to hospital (apart from the elderly condemned to die in care homes), so his hospital wouldn't be seeing the mild cases. presumably a "chief executive" is a sort of managing director, not a doctor.

The principle of triage is that when you have insufficient resources, you don't bother with the ones who will get better on their own (or the ones who are going to die anyway)

I'd suspect it's because we've been doing inadequate testing, so only the severe cases got to hospital (apart from the elderly condemned to die in care homes), so his hospital wouldn't be seeing the mild cases. presumably a "chief executive" is a sort of managing director, not a doctor.

The principle of triage is that when you have insufficient resources, you don't bother with the ones who will get better on their own (or the ones who are going to die anyway)

Misery-guts.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if Ceres is ignorant of our record of insufficient testing

Or just in denial.

I wonder if Ceres is ignorant of our record of insufficient testing

Or just in denial.

I'm aware of the testing regime and I'm in denial of nothing.

In the OP, I am prepared to take a small glimmer of hope from someone who is far more qualified to comment than some random negative idiot on the internet. I have a balanced view of the world. I can see both sides of most things. You won't, not because there is never more than one side but because you have an unhealthy political obsession that controls every single word you write on here and no doubt your entire sad life.

Could be the virus is starting to burn out.
The theory is that the laws of natural selection come into play.

It is certainly encouraging news, although anecdotal rather than scientific.

globally there doesnt seem to be massive spikes happening -but then that may because most countries have social distancing in place which although relaxed are still much more now than before restrictions started when the virus was spreading

"In stark opposition to Bassetti’s and other doctors’ statements, Italian public health officials and the World Health Organization (WHO) warn there’s no evidence to support these claims. They urge health care providers and the public to continue to take the virus extremely seriously. Meanwhile, Bassetti says proof is on the way."

"It could take generations for enough genetic change to take place to substantially weaken a coronavirus -- both the one that causes COVID-19 and other forms that were around before it. Human coronaviruses are known to be extremely stable in their genetic makeup. They change very little over time."
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200603/claims-of-a-weaker-covid-19-virus-disputed

It is certainly encouraging news, although anecdotal rather than scientific.

globally there doesnt seem to be massive spikes happening -but then that may because most countries have social distancing in place which although relaxed are still much more now than before restrictions started when the virus was spreading

"In stark opposition to Bassetti’s and other doctors’ statements, Italian public health officials and the World Health Organization (WHO) warn there’s no evidence to support these claims. They urge health care providers and the public to continue to take the virus extremely seriously. Meanwhile, Bassetti says proof is on the way."

"It could take generations for enough genetic change to take place to substantially weaken a coronavirus -- both the one that causes COVID-19 and other forms that were around before it. Human coronaviruses are known to be extremely stable in their genetic makeup. They change very little over time."
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200603/claims-of-a-weaker-covid-19-virus-disputed
Where did the Spanish flu virus go.

One thing iv'e noticed,the virus seems to hit an area badly then suddenly dies down,as if it runs out of suitable victims(or weakens?).
Why has London/New york/Madrid etc got very few new cases, when you see people packed on tube/demos/seaside trips etc. some areas got hit by the virus weeks into lockdown,and at same time in earlier hit areas it decreased.

There has just been a report on TV that Germany's R has just gone up to 1.7. No details so may be meaningless in some respects, town, city all over or localised?

Also that the WHO thinks that other controls will be needed here if 2m is to be reduced. Screens, masks and ?

;) Anyway we are now in deathcon 3. Distancing change info later next week. Hope Boris can remember the instructions. Might be best to leave it to Van Tam who always explains things well.

Sponsored Links
Back