The beginning of the end?

Sponsored Links
There are some in the medical profession that believe a complete return to normal would be beneficial now....for the under 40's only. Other age groups/pre-existing condition groups still to isolate, wear masks, social distance, work from home etc but under 40's to return to going about all of their life completely as normal. This would obviously cause a spike in cases but, given statistics, only a very small increase in deaths as the healthy under 40's suffer an extremely small number of deaths. Some would say that any life lost is too much but the excess deaths for other reasons related to Covid would drop as normal cancer screening/outpatient appointments etc return to normal.
The theory is back to herd immunity, the quicker a general immunity is achieved in society the better because it is likely that excess deaths because of Covid will overtake deaths caused by Covid....

There are some in the medical profession that believe a complete return to normal would be beneficial now....for the under 40's only. Other age groups/pre-existing condition groups still to isolate, wear masks, social distance, work from home etc but under 40's to return to going about all of their life completely as normal. This would obviously cause a spike in cases but, given statistics, only a very small increase in deaths as the healthy under 40's suffer an extremely small number of deaths. Some would say that any life lost is too much but the excess deaths for other reasons related to Covid would drop as normal cancer screening/outpatient appointments etc return to normal.
The theory is back to herd immunity, the quicker a general immunity is achieved in society the better because it is likely that excess deaths because of Covid will overtake deaths caused by Covid....

All very well, this pre - existing conditions, but.....

....... there are probably a significant number of people who have them, but do not know that they do.
So, they will carry on without a care in the world, in the mistaken belief that they are bulletproof .

Sponsored Links
All very well, this pre - existing conditions, but.....

....... there are probably a significant number of people who have them, but do not know that they do.
So, they will carry on without a care in the world, in the mistaken belief that they are bulletproof .

It's not my theory, I read it in The Lancet. I think the concern is now that there may never be a vaccine and the death rate because of Covid measures will be much higher than those actually dying from Covid. Granted there will be a number of deaths caused if this measure is taken but if that number is likely to be significantly lower than deaths caused by Covid measures/restrictions, lives will be saved overall. This will be something that doctors/statisticians and politicians will all have to mull over. I'll try and dig up some of the links.....

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31416-1/fulltext

Last edited:
https://www.birminghamhealthpartners.co.uk/members/dr-david-rosser/

He's forgotten more about medicine and disease, viruses included, than you'll ever glean from the pages of the Graun. He doesn't need to be an epidemiologist or a virologist to express a far more informed opinion than your uninformed opinion.

So care to share what makes you better informed to comment? Qualifications? Experience? You read a book one time?

LOL JohnD trolled the wrong guy it seems.

There will be another pandemic in due course of some flu from some foreign country caused by there life style practices

And practice of eating any thing that moves

This bolsters the theory on a complete return to normal for under 40, their mortality rate is extraordinarily low when just age is take as a factor. I'm over 50 and have pre-existing conditions so I wouldn't benefit unfortunately.

covid.JPG

He doesn't need to be an epidemiologist or a virologist to express a far more informed opinion than your uninformed opinion.

So you believe him.

he said "it could be a “coincidence”

I don't disagree.

This bolsters the theory on a complete return to normal for under 40, their mortality rate is extraordinarily low when just age is take as a factor.

The one significant problem with that scenario is that you would have a 2 tier society.

Under forties would spread the virus happily between themselves, and the elderly would be in permanent lock down until the virus has passed/vaccine procured.

Who knows how long that would be for ??

So you believe him.

he said "it could be a “coincidence”

I don't disagree.

I haven't said whether I believe him or not. In your first post you rubbished his opinion and labelled him some kind of managing director, not a doctor. All I've done is point out that he is somewhat more qualified than you to pass an opinion. And he is a doctor. A rather well-qualified one. As well as being 'some kind of managing director'.

He's forgotten more about medicine and disease, viruses included, than you'll ever glean from the pages of the Graun. He doesn't need to be an epidemiologist or a virologist to express a far more informed opinion than your uninformed opinion.
ad hominem attack, always an indication of a lack of any counter argument. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ps his work experience indicates he knows nothing about viruses, you are talking hogwash

ad hominem attack, always an indication of a lack of any counter argument. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ps his work experience indicates he knows nothing about viruses, you are talking hogwash

What about JohnD's ad hom? That one's OK I suppose.

His work experience shows he knows a lot about viruses. Whereas you and JohnD know zilch, zero a big fat nothing.

Sponsored Links
Back