The Irish border smokescreen

what do you think it is?
It's a nonsense suggestion that will never get of the ground because it is unworkable and easy to abuse.

Anyone else like to throw a suggestion into the hat?

:idea:How about a Bodd route? You know the one with Leprechauns one side and unicorns the other.:idea:

Sponsored Links
It's a nonsense suggestion that will never get of the ground because it is unworkable and easy to abuse.

Anyone else like to throw a suggestion into the hat?

:idea:How about a Bodd route? You know the one with Leprechauns one side and unicorns the other.:idea:
I don't see an issue. What's your issue about it

Sponsored Links
I don't see an issue. What's your issue about it
To bring some maturity back into the debate ;) any proposed technological solution requires some form of enforcement. Without border checks there is no way of enforcing the use of the proposed solution. Therefore it is unworkable without an enforcement structure. It relies solely on the willingness of the cross-border traders/travellers to comply and use the proposed solution.

BTW, David Trimble also suggests the UK takes no further part in negotiations until the UK has obtained some of its desires from the 'divorce' agreement.
That strategy may have worked in NI prior to the GFA, but it is hardly likely to work in the Brexit process. It would simply increase the likelihood of a no-deal scenario, and shortages of food, medicine and fuel in UK within a fortnight.

That sort of strategy has resulted in no government in NI for the last 18 months.
Although I suspect the DUP are content with the current arrangement.

:rolleyes: yep that is what is required R bee maturity in the debate . Good point well said :sneaky:

Does the Republic have border controls at ports and airports for those coming from Europe ?

Sponsored Links
Back