The next american president do you care?

The next american president do you care?

• Total voters
whenever i place a bet on something, 99% I lose out, so I am definitely placing my bet on Donald Tramp. and I might, and I might just win this bet for a long time!

Sponsored Links
While that may work in some relationships, ask many today and they will say the same as me. Both people in a relationship should be equal and valued. The happiest people I know have equal relationships where both make decisions and work as a team, not to have one dominate over the other. That can build resentment and resentment is poison to relationships. As too the attitude that men and women are not equal in any level!! Be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Dominant or submissive are character traits. A couple in a relationship can chose to live as equals within that relationship but still retain their individual character traits.

I have found that the best relationships consist of 1 dominant & 1 submissive partner. This does not mean that 1 pays all the bills whilst the other cleans up after them.

You clearly don't know how 'people' work, I suspect that you don't even like people, I'd define your primary character traits as submissive & hostile.

Men & women can never be equal, we have different chemistry ruling our brains. This is where the PC brigade fall over, we are different & we should celebrate those differences, not pretend that we are all the same . . . because we're not.

Not really the point I was making. Times have moved on for many (thankfully) and women are more than capable in having a career as well as children, and children do not need a stay at home mum in order to be well adjusted or happy. Children need love, security, boundaries and to an extent routine and it does not mean that women have to go back to the 1950's to provide that. Luckily men also have more of a hands on approach to raising their children nowadays and that will have a more positive impact too. Its not about it being soul crushing, its about being more balanced and choice.

I think that's all rhetoric from the feminist's bench. Show me proof that women were any more unhappy than they are now? Also show me where I said I want us to live in the 1950s?

Sponsored Links
If you need a law to say you are equal, you are not.

If you need a law to tell you that you must be fair, you are not.

I never used to care about who was POTUS, but these days I do have some reason to pay attention. Quite frankly, both options are awful and the parties that put the forward should be ashamed.

The TV 'messages' both candidates endorse are little more than slanging matches, with insults being thrown at each other from all angles. At the end of it all, it comes down to a popularity contest with very little to do with politics. I never thought I'd say this but I'd take good old British Party Political Broadcast over this nonsense any day - at least those are (somewhat) based on politics.

As for anyone who thinks the BBC actually has an influence over here, they are mistaken. It's CNN/Ted Turner/Time Warner that has the political influence in Hillary's favour...oops, favor :rolleyes:...in this country. Any affiliation those parties have with the BBC is purely incidental when it comes to swaying American voters. Most people I know here don't even know what the BBC is!! :cry:

Dominant or submissive are character traits. A couple in a relationship can chose to live as equals within that relationship but still retain their individual character traits.

I have found that the best relationships consist of 1 dominant & 1 submissive partner. This does not mean that 1 pays all the bills whilst the other cleans up after them.

You clearly don't know how 'people' work, I suspect that you don't even like people, I'd define your primary character traits as submissive & hostile.

Men & women can never be equal, we have different chemistry ruling our brains. This is where the PC brigade fall over, we are different & we should celebrate those differences, not pretend that we are all the same . . . because we're not.

Going by your posts I think it's you who doesn't know how people work. And submissive and hostile?! How do those go hand in hand easily? Never been submissive in my life, strange way you think of someone you've never met. Hostile, granted I am occasionally but normally when I am faced with incorrect generalisation and outdated views like your own or if I sense unfairness.

I do so find it amusing that people always like to label women's rights and fairness as the PC brigade, feminists or women's libs as an almost derogatory or mocking term. In a nutshell it shows that attitudes towards women has still a long way to go in improvements.

Edited to add, I'd like to know what it is about our chemistry that stops men and women being equal...

Last edited by a moderator:
I never used to care about who was POTUS, but these days I do have some reason to pay attention. Quite frankly, both options are awful and the parties that put the forward should be ashamed.

The TV 'messages' both candidates endorse are little more than slanging matches, with insults being thrown at each other from all angles. At the end of it all, it comes down to a popularity contest with very little to do with politics. I never thought I'd say this but I'd take good old British Party Political Broadcast over this nonsense any day - at least those are (somewhat) based on politics.

As for anyone who thinks the BBC actually has an influence over here, they are mistaken. It's CNN/Ted Turner/Time Warner that has the political influence in Hillary's favour...oops, favor :rolleyes:...in this country. Any affiliation those parties have with the BBC is purely incidental when it comes to swaying American voters. Most people I know here don't even know what the BBC is!! :cry:
Isn't it scary that in a country as big and vast as America that these two were the only two to get this far?!!
The Brexit campaign reminded me very much of American politics, it was awful. Hope so much it's not a sign on things to come!

I think that's all rhetoric from the feminist's bench. Show me proof that women were any more unhappy than they are now? Also show me where I said I want us to live in the 1950s?
Are you a woman?
No.
So why is it all rhetoric from the feminists bench?
As yourself this; If women were so happy playing the mother and housewife all their lives, don't you think that things would still be the same as they were 40+ years ago? So why have things changed?

To make a living these days most families need two incomes.

Men and women are different and long may that be so. Women want equality but conditionally.

In sport women are happy to take part based on gender, no ifs or buts, quite rightly of course. But women can go from equal to victim faster than a speeding bullet in other respects.

Are you a woman?
No.
So why is it all rhetoric from the feminists bench?
As yourself this; If women were so happy playing the mother and housewife all their lives, don't you think that things would still be the same as they were 40+ years ago? So why have things changed?

Being a mother and a housewife is not a derogatory role though. You've been sold on the lie that all woman want to be Karen Brady when they don't.

To make a living these days most families need two incomes.

Men and women are different and long may that be so. Women want equality but conditionally.

In sport women are happy to take part based on gender, no ifs or buts, quite rightly of course. But women can go from equal to victim faster than a speeding bullet in other respects.

Can't watch the vid as on my phone while visiting my dad, but I presume that its showing a woman playing a victim. Not good of course but you can't generalise - not all women do this. Same as not all men do this... Lol.

Being a mother and a housewife is not a derogatory role though. You've been sold on the lie that all woman want to be Karen Brady when they don't.
Nope, never said it was. Nor did I say all women wanted to be Karen Brady. You're very good at reading what I have not written, and ignoring my question! And so what if some women want to be the next Karen? I could think of worst role models indeed.

However, if you read what I wrote, I said it's about choice and about fairness. Women should have the choice now if they want to be a full-time mum or not, a career woman or not, or a mix. You seem very old fashioned in your view, telling me that children are happier with a stay at home mum, and that women are happier being a wife and mother. SOME women may be happy, that's fine but it really is about choice. All people, men and women should be able to live the life they wish to without out of date, restrictive, unfair rules based on gender dictating the life they lead and how they are seen by their peers. It's that simple. I think it's sad for women to be belittled on their gender as well as men for being ridiculed if they show feelings or are a hands on family man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back