The pipe sizing topic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Topic now locked,

Aas the OP I have been verbally assaulted by several established members of this forum and wish to continue the debate or even argument.

If the forum regulators feel this is not fitting maybe they could comment on the attitude of such as Kevplumb or Bengas.

Does there attitude and response fall in line with the aims of this forum???

Sponsored Links
DIYNOT SAID
IS DIY GAS LEGAL?

Diy gas work is not illegal, BUT, the law does require that only competent people may work on gas appliances.

The Gas Safety Regs 1998 states LINK
Quote:
No person shall carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or storage vessel unless he is competent.

The Health and Safety Executive states Quote:
DIY Gas is strongly discouraged and the use of a registered gas installer is always advised.

If you can prove competence, you are allowed legally to diy gas in your own home. This does not however, apply to doing gas work for family and friends even if for free!!

Competence is only proven by passing ACS exams and having the ability to carry out certain safety tests required by law .

Please note if you ignore this advice:

1) If you are found working illegally, (not gas competent), you are breaking the law and the H.S.E. take a dim view. Example HERE

2 ) You will be putting your family at risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

3) Your insurance co is likely to reject any claims being caused by DIY gas work.

This site does not support DIY gas.

Posts giving advice on gas work may be deleted.

Sponsored Links
Ok so why are you lying . you say in pipe sizing topic you have a 100000 btu CHB boiler yet a month ago you had a problem with a flue sensor on a glowworm miami bbu Well they are only 50000 so what do you have.

ok then, wee tip for you.

you need to post a question or offer advice, cause your internet feelings have been a wee bit hurt, does not mean you can keep posting wee comments

you might end up meeting...........................................

View media item 14309
take it on the chin, move on, and keep yourself a forum member ;)

Ok so why are you lying . you say in pipe sizing topic you have a 100000 btu CHB boiler yet a month ago you had a problem with a flue sensor on a glowworm miami bbu Well they are only 50000 so what do you have.

FFS plank the other post was entirely different to this one, Yes I have made a mistake, coming back on here.

For your info the original issue in an entirely separate post was indeed a damp flue, sorted and no longer an issue. That was my parents home..

Maybe you could spend more time trying to help than sherlock holmesing???

This is my daughters, why the f can't you guys read and comprehend??

Not every one who posts on here is trying to deprive of a livelyhood££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

send an e mail to [email protected] outlining your complaint nobody on the forum wants to hear it

No chummy, it's you that doesn't want to hear it, even if your ears were open.
The post will be made, this forum should be open,

simple answer to you e mail [email protected] with your complaint

you ain't gonna post anything that hasn't been said plenty of times before by many banned posters

i on the other hand am still here

run a poll !!

now put up or shut up

your getting boring

Another interesting aspect is, that we are talking about an illegally installed boiler anyway.
And why do you expect to change the 25 kW boiler for a 38 kW model? That can only be because the cowboy that installed it thought: all the 2 up 2 downs I have seen had a 25 kW combi, so that is what I'll stick in here.
Lies, lies, lies, your whole story is full of them.

Conclusion:
There is no friendly builder,
there is no RGI,
you are cowboying a boiler installation, and need to find out why it doesn't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back