The pipe sizing topic

Prove one word of that post you have just made
Builder did illegal gaswork, possibly a riddor, and you think he is quite cool.
You had a boiler installed illegally.
Together, that makes you engaging repeatedly in dodgy gas work.

Now that was really simple. :rolleyes:

Don't even try that on me I know more about RIDDOR than you ever will, I was the safety manager for my company for more years than you have brain cells, report this issue, **** off.

Sponsored Links
WTF have I said to you then eh? That last comment coming from the man who spelt plumber 'plummer'

I think you aren't one to pass judgement, and despite your claims of what you have done in the past, I doubt you are as qualified or accedited as me so don't start with me.
Read the last topic and you'll find I was not suggesting anyone was a cowboy and even muted that perhaps we didn't know something he did as he was on site.

Don't even try that on me I know more about RIDDOR than you ever will, I was the safety manager for my company for more years than you have brain cells, report this issue, p**s off.

Safety managers don't need to know about riddor, the engineer on site is the one who is required to report if needed, so why would you as a manager know more about it than I do?

It is very unlikely that a builder will have all that is needed to remove a gaspipe safely and legally; if this one is no exception to the rule, it is indeed riddor, and compulsory at that.

Sponsored Links
going to join back in for a bit, cyclo gave you benefit of doubt but fek did i get that wrong .

going to join back in for a bit, cyclo gave you benefit of doubt but fek did i get that wrong .

ooo thats your name and mine on the e mail of complaint to [email protected] about getting abused on the forum

lol-034.gif

I recently retired from a company that I'd worked for for 38 years. My job title was Chief Engineer.

However I was responsible for all mechanical and electrical services, I was the duty holder, also the hygiens manager, (we produced food products), and the guy that dealt with all insurance matters both claims and cover.

I was also the safety manager and was personally responsible for reporting of incidents that fell un the RIDDOR blanket. I have a NEBOSH cert as a result, ok

Regarding the issue with the original gaspipe as I said it ran under an 18 ton slab roof it was highly likely to be damaged and indeed was, but not an issue as the gas had been capped prior to commencement

Yes I can be a right idiot when faced with a bunch of idiots (the usual suspects), that read stuff in between the actual print, and even when more detail is added treat it as an admission of miss doing..

When I said I'd post it elsewhere I meant on an entirely unrelated forum. The whole thread, they cannot believe the attitude of what I asume are very regular pundits, to a newbie asking a genuine question. No one can understand the aggression generated, and yes I do bite back with the same.

I was the duty holder, also the hygiens manager, (we produced food products), and the guy that dealt with all insurance matters both claims and cover. I was also the safety manager and was personally responsible for reporting of incidents that fell un the RIDDOR blanket. I have a NEBOSH cert as a result, ok
Apart from civics and people working for quango's nobody gives a hoot about nebosh cert; it is about as interesting and difficult as C&G 6084, it means less than nothing in the real world.
This is amply demonstrated by your complete lack of understanding of gasrelated riddor.

A RGI when discovering a certain class of faults, has to report this. HE must do so, not his mate, his colleague, his wife, or some pencil pusher in an office.
If you really had been an industrial gasfitter, as a former corgi man, you would have known that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back