The right to have multiple children

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose my underlying point is, is it morally right for a person/couple to have multiple kids if they know hand on heart they can't financially support them or at least go a good way to doing so.

I looked at the woman in the one bed flat with the lounge being used as a sleeping room for x of her kids, and I thought 'at what point did you think it reasonable to have six kids?' Especially when it appears as though, in many of these cases, the dad/s do one ...

Sponsored Links
Didn't watch it but read a review where it mentioned Dionna had three sets of twins.
That must long odds for that to happen.

I've been against gay couples adopting young children.

Yet seeing how some kids are dragged up by their parents and worse still murdered like we have all seen recently, I wonder

I worked for a gay couple one was German the other Australian and a Mexican Nanny and very well off.

The young boy they adopted I guess will have a loving happy life or at least given the greatestchancee of one. He will grow up speaking Spanish, German and English with a trang.

I suppose my underlying point is, is it morally right for a person/couple to have multiple kids if they know hand on heart they can't financially support them or at least go a good way to doing so.

I looked at the woman in the one bed flat with the lounge being used as a sleeping room for x of her kids, and I thought 'at what point did you think it reasonable to have six kids?' Especially when it appears as though, in many of these cases, the dad/s do one ...
Morals.

Unfortunate fact is that for some, born into a certain lifestyle, and with little or no prospects (some self inflicted and some not), then their best chance of accommodation is via having kids.

Can that be changed, without making the overall social circumstances worse? Not easily.

The issue I see is that housing costs are too high and that is where the most attention is needed. Are single mothers with "excess" children a big enough issue to be too concerned about? There are examples in every town, but a big enough number of them to concentrate on, I'm not sure.

Morals tend to come from family, education and earnings in my experience.

Sponsored Links
It isn't alt right drivel at all.
UK fertility rate is 1.5.
Anything below 2 and the population goes into decline.
There over 100000 vacancies in NHS and over 100000 in the adult care sector.
There aren't enough young people coming into the workforce to fill these vacancies and pay tax and insurance to support and aging population.
The only reason the UK population has risen is due to mass immigration, over a third of newborns are non white due to a higher fertility rate among migrants.
It isn't just the UK that has this problem.
Confirmed, right wing drivel. When will we learn that America's close the borders and breed policy won't work for us. It's delusional to think an indigenous work force that won't do certain jobs, will be more likely to do them when the population increases. I understand that these policies are partly the alt right's response to the disaster of the second gulf war, but we will need foreign workers whether the population rises or not.

A poster on here @danechip had the honesty to say why he really voted brexhit and why he regretted it. Post 7

Blup

The right to haver children Hmmm

I recall a documentary on telly years ago where there were two downs syndrone people who were fertile ? afaik know they generally are not

they entered into a relationship so technically they could have children ?

should they be allowed to ? or ??

what if they had a child that was non downs ??

small child met at the school gates by mum and dad ??

There aren't enough young people coming into the workforce to fill these vacancies and pay tax and insurance to support and aging population.
Nah, we don't need any more young 'uns, we just need to humanely dispose of the oldies! ;)

...although I suspect 'General Discussion' might get a bit quieter if we did that - Soylent Green, anyone?

They have children to gain access to benefits. The kids are an incidental & often superfluous neccessity for those who wish to lead a sedentary lifestyle.

When we get to take / collect the grandkids from school it is obvious who they are.

At our expense, they are a burden on the welfare state & often can be described as 'weapons of mass consumption'. They have no respect for themselve's so it is not possible they have any respect for anyone or anything else. Funny thing is they are usually the loudest to point out any failings in others.

I don't know all that applies, but benefts of some sorts do stop at 2 kids.

I'd allow a third but anyone claiming for a third gets annual visits, unannounced.
If the kid isn't getting adequately provided for, take the kid off them, for adoption.
Parents still have to provide a small amount towards its upkeep until it's 16 - and for any further kids. Take the money from the 2nd child's benefit.

They'd soon stop producing kids, and
their best chance of accommodation is via having kids.
would be removed.

I'd also replace part of any benefit to anyone, with vouchers for what the money is supposed to be for. So for kids it would be partly for food - but only appropriate food, not chips, crisps, ice cream or other rubbish food.

No child benefit if she doesn't identify a findable father, who has to contribute. DNA tests used if she says "dunno". Arrest him as a criminal if he doesn't come forward compliantly.

Comparison with England.

EnglandNetherlandsBelgium
RegionPop densityRegionPop densityRegionPop density
London
5596​
South Holland
1374​
Brussels-Capital Region
7,528​
North West
526​
North Holland
1081​
Flemish Region
492​
South East
487​
Utrecht
912​
Belgium
377​
West Midlands
458​
North Brabant
522​
Walloon Region
217​
Yorkshire & Humber
356​
Limburg
520​
East England
332​
Gelderland
420​
North East
308​
Overijssel
350​
East Midlands
312​
Flevoland
300​
South West
240​
Groningen
252​
Zealand
215​
Friesland
195​
Drenthe
188​

The right to haver children Hmmm

I recall a documentary on telly years ago where there were two downs syndrone people who were fertile ? afaik know they generally are not

they entered into a relationship so technically they could have children ?

should they be allowed to ? or ??

what if they had a child that was non downs ??

small child met at the school gates by mum and dad ??
Don't know but in Ireland you see downs children out and about because of the abortion policy, they are happy, people talk to them and they form part of non judged family unit.

Blup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back