The tube attack

You're not aware of the British Crime Survey then.

I suppose if you like to make your own figures up, you can believe whatever you want.

BTW the most convincing explanation I have seen for the reduction in crime over the last 20 years, which has occurred in almost all countries of the world, is the reduction in brain damage to babies and children due to reduction in environmental lead.

Sponsored Links
A major contributory factor for the amount of crime in this country is lenient punishment .

I don't believe you are right in claiming that the reduction in violent crime over the last 20 years is due to lenient punishment. But perhaps you are.

Of course, JohnD slavishly follows the official government crime statistics that aren't ever manipulated for political reasons. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW the most convincing explanation I have seen for the reduction in crime over the last 20 years, which has occurred in almost all countries of the world, is the reduction in brain damage to babies and children due to reduction in environmental lead.

You seriously believe that load of old baloney??? Get your lead pipes changed. It's affecting your reasoning. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Lead pipes you say?

Where did you hear that story?

Lead poisoning is known to cause people to think that the RoP (Izal) are a bunch of nice guys who should be defended.

We can work with lead all day, and sometimes for two days on the trot. No gloves. Hands covered in grey patina. Nuffink.

Need I say more?

We have had it on good authority that climate change is to blame for the problems in Syria.

(No wonder the Queen hasn't abdicated yet) :rolleyes:

You're not aware of the British Crime Survey then.

I suppose if you like to make your own figures up, you can believe whatever you want.
If people choose not to report criminal acts, neither the British Crime Survey nor any other official statistics can possibly take them into account.

I wonder how many people have witnessed acts of vandalism or street fighting (to take just two examples) and walked on by simply because either they don't want to become involved, fear for their own safety, or they know that nothing will be done about it.

Lead pipes you say?

Where did you hear that story?

First sign of lead poisoning could be believing official crime figures. Second sign is that you believe decreased environmental lead equates to lower crime. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The air must have been thick with lead in the 60s to 80s, but crime was a lot lower than it is today.

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried to report a crime other than in an emergency. Dialled 101 several times. After hanging on for several minutes on each occasion I gave up and no longer even bother.

Multiply that by a few thousand for others and now you know why some crime never gets reported and crime figures are going down. :evil:

Did dial 999 one morning for a neighbour whose car had been stolen and was told to dial 101 as a stolen car is not an emergency!

I wonder why these obtuse right-wingers like to make up their own statistics.

Deliberate ignorance? Avoiding the pain of having to deal with facts instead of fantasy?

I suppose that's why they refuse to acknowledge the British Crime Survey (now renamed)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Survey_for_England_and_Wales

"The Home Office asserts that the Crime Survey for England and Wales can provide a better reflection of the true level of crime than police statistics since it includes crimes that have not been reported to, or recorded by, the police"

Last edited:
Come on Mr D. Crime statistics for the UK are likely to be as accurate as the figures for the amount of illegals here in the UK. As others have pointed out, phoning 999 gets the caller told that "this crime isn't an emergency/ priority Call 101 instead.
Here's the latest crime figures by month... http://ukcrimestats.com/ Now tell me that crime is decreasing (not one category there shows a decrease from the previous month) Do you still have walls painted with lead paint?? If so stop licking them.

Please show me your comparative figures for 2010, 2005, and 1995

Sponsored Links
Back