This may help a few members of GD

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Christ Joe, You'll never be happy until every thread on GD is locked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I want some honesty from these guys - They are mods but pretend not to be.

More like undercover policemen.

Maybe Mods should be able to post in threads as Mods rather than individuals. This would then give us an insight on to their feelings about certain subjects and possibly understand why a particular mod, (not referring to anyone Mod by this), may delete or block a particular reply when to others it seems innocuous.

Who in their normal mind would want to be an undercover traffic warden anyway?

It's gotta be an ego problem.

I read a lot on here, can't recall seeing Blasphemous trolling/abusing others, so don't see anything wrong in posting under a different account to avoid being hassled.

Having said that, the only time I ever was a mod it wasn't done anonymously, but the type of site was very different.

Maybe Mods should be able to post in threads as Mods rather than individuals. This would then give us an insight on to their feelings about certain subjects and possibly understand why a particular mod, (not referring to anyone Mod by this), may delete or block a particular reply when to others it seems innocuous.

They should put their addresses up while they're at it , so we could send peaps or alarm round to "pay them a visit" for a "cosy chat". :LOL: :LOL:

I read a lot on here, can't recall seeing Blasphemous trolling/abusing others, so don't see anything wrong in posting under a different account to avoid being hassled.

Having said that, the only time I ever was a mod it wasn't done anonymously, but the type of site was very different.
Agree with you regarding Blas. I've known him on other sites also and his behaviour is above reproach to be honest. I've also been an 'open' mod on another site and never had any problems. The reason for my suggestion on this one was to try and pacify some posters who think they should be visible. Obviously if Admin wants them to have anonymity then that is Admins prerogative.

And it's our job to 'out' them. Blas, FMT, Bahco, JohnD. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OK, simple question to all Mods.

Is it part of your terms of being a Mod that you must remain anonymous?
If it is/were not, would you be willing to reveal who you are?

No catch here, no 'baiting' or anything. Just want to try and get a Mods viewpoint.

Sponsored Links
Back