This may help a few members of GD

OK, simple question to all Mods.

Is it part of your terms of being a Mod that you must remain anonymous?
If it is/were not, would you be willing to reveal who you are?

No catch here, no 'baiting' or anything. Just want to try and get a Mods viewpoint.

It's a UK server data protection applies.

Sponsored Links

No catch here, no 'baiting' or anything. Just want to try and get a Mods viewpoint.

There is a site I visit where by one of the Mods is quite open about it so how does data protection come into it.

Only asking if they would be willing, (if allowed), to reveal their user names on here. Not asking for their true identity or contact numbers etc. In fact, not asking them to reveal anything which could/would allow contact outside of this forum.

There is a site I visit where by one of the Mods is quite open about it so how does data protection come into it.

anyone who holds private info, emails etc Can be prosecuted if they divulge it. it's as simple as that.

Sponsored Links
They wont.

For whatever reason they choose.
I am Admin on two sites. We are know to everyone as Admin and moderators. And we do not have the bickering here, there has been an occasional spate of course. But then again motorcyclists have a thicker skin and have no need to lie to each other.

No doubt all the motorcycle sites will be trawled now.
Happy hunting.

anyone who holds private info, emails etc Can be prosecuted if they divulge it. it's as simple as that.

Quite correct, unless of course a court order is obtained.
A request by a forum member is not allowed.
I have been guilty of asking, but was rebuked and correctly so. At least the moderation/admin team were correct in their administration. It was worth a go though :D Some are not so observant.

What planet are you on?????
Read the post FFS!
I asked 2 simple questions aimed at the Mods on this board. I will continue to wait for a response from any of them to reply to my questions. I am NOT asking for personal details, emails or anything other than;
WOULD THEY BE WILLING TO REVEAL THEIR USER NAMES ON HERE IF ALLOWED TO DO SO?????

Meanwhile, you and your data protection carp can take a running jump!
I am normally a placid, patient person but by Christ you are coming across as a 'know it all' imbecile!
READ THE QUESTIONS SLOWLY! Not what you THINK is written between the lines!

Where was the mention revealing personnel info to.

So, Mod 3, who are ya? (not meant to sound like the football chant ;) )

Sponsored Links
Back