Tier 3 for London and parts of Essex and Hertfordshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Today is the first day I’ve been really depressed about the virus. Checking worldometer I’m shocked. I haven’t bothered for a bit. It’s high everywhere & it just keeps coming back worse than the previous wave. Apart from 2 or 3 countries (hmm) its rapidly increasing among the other two hundred odd.
I’ve been planning a big holiday for the immediate family & some of the extended family.... Tonight, I don’t think it’s going to happen.
We’re going in to T3 tomorrow night & I’m gutted (mainly because, typical bloke, I do 90 percent of my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve!!) It’s ruining everything, my sons got A levels, my daughter has a new business that has to keep closing. Now Christmas is fxxxxd!!! I can’t see it ending, no one around the world has got on top of it & it keeps changing.. is this how it’s going to be here on in??
I would really like to see China being more proactive & actually assisting with the research to help the world out instead of being defensive & unhelpful.
Rant over
your’e planning a big family holiday during a global pandemic with no end in sight and wondering why you got depressed all of a sudden?

nothing. none of the previous ‘precautions’ worked.
The current crop of preventative measures aren't doing enough at the moment. Tier 3 has had some effect in places but I agree, it's too loose.

The lockdowns do work to reduce spread, but we haven't found a level below them that keeps it low since.

Sponsored Links
Today is the first day I’ve been really depressed about the virus. Checking worldometer I’m shocked. I haven’t bothered for a bit. It’s high everywhere & it just keeps coming back worse than the previous wave. Apart from 2 or 3 countries (hmm) its rapidly increasing among the other two hundred odd.
I’ve been planning a big holiday for the immediate family & some of the extended family.... Tonight, I don’t think it’s going to happen.
We’re going in to T3 tomorrow night & I’m gutted (mainly because, typical bloke, I do 90 percent of my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve!!) It’s ruining everything, my sons got A levels, my daughter has a new business that has to keep closing. Now Christmas is fxxxxd!!! I can’t see it ending, no one around the world has got on top of it & it keeps changing.. is this how it’s going to be here on in??
I would really like to see China being more proactive & actually assisting with the research to help the world out instead of being defensive & unhelpful.
Rant over

Im sorry to hear that -My wife was teaching piano at a primary school today, she said all the office staff were self isolating, half the teachers are off, half the pupils are off.

She came home quite worried really -not for now but for the start of next term... mostly because she feels things will get very bad in Jan yet people wont be caring much about the virus as there is a vaccine on the way (and vaccines dont stop people catching it nor spreading it)

We are having Christmas at my MILs house -she is healthy buy has had pneumonia a few times and is very vulnerable to the virus, we havent been around to see her for ages and were looking forward to doing so at Christmas, now we arent sure

We live near Gatwick airport in Surrey / Sussex which I think is tier 2 -but Crawley which is very close has one of the highest rates around the area

I think this tier system is going to be with us until next Autumn

Then why do they keep having to be repeated

the virus spreads.

its a bit of a misnomer to call them lockdowns

in March it wasnt a full lockdown -many people continued to work apart from those closed sectors

in Sept schools etc stayed open

Because we haven't found a level below lockdown that keeps the spread of Covid low.

So we keep yo-yoing between booming numbers and dropping them.
luckily we do now have much more extensive testing than in March

but like you say -restrictions are lower than full lockdown

One thing I would say -thank god this country didnt persist with herd immunity

once that gets out of hand you are totally screwed....bring out yer dead

How come it is still here, then?

The R number is worked out from the number of cases so meaningless.

So - - - previous restrictions didn't work. Can't have it both ways.
Every part of this post is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back