Too much Money

O

oompah

Another high profile footballer is in trouble with the law along with a brother and one already locked up for murder.This particular player was supposed tobe injured and couln't play on boxing day but yet he was out alnight partying .Its been reported that he is on £45k a week ,so what does the modern day footballer of no particular talent apart from causing trouble justify his wage.

Sponsored Links
Although i think it's obscene money, isn't it more a principle of supply and demand than the fault of the footballer?

Any of you guys on here go to watch any premier league teams and how much do you pay to watch.

I have got a fancard for Liverpool and can go to european and other cup games and its not cheap, last game cost me £72 for tickets alone,,then when you include petrol,parking programme,meals,drinks it comes to over £100 ....not a cheap day out,,when I was a kid it a day out was the beach or fishing in the canal...very cheap but also very enjoyable

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I dont follow football all that much myself (since Wimbledon went down the pan :eek: ), but a lot of my mates are fans of various London clubs.

I have an assortment of friends that go to watch this 'top class' football and it seems to range from £100 for the day out inc travel ticket and a few beers (so long as its fairly local, or they use public transport or a mini bus).
However, a few of them are guys who have a passion for watching their club, these guys spend literally thousands of pounds/euro's a year travelling into europe. One close mate even took his 15 yr old to every home and away game and even over to europe :eek: . The guy spent every penny he had on football and loves it with a passion.
Season ticket holders I know of the top clubs often buy the ticket under the intention of selling certain game tickets just to pay for them to see the better games, or more likely than not, to give them some cash where they are skint from actually buying the ticket !!!! lol.

I myself blame Tottenham Hotspurs Football Club. In experience in the 80's they signed Osvaldo Ardilles ? and another guy (Riccardo Villa ??) :LOL: , ... this was set to let the floodgates open. Ok, so good players are worth the wonga, but noone seemed to draw the line between beneficial to the club and game, and down and out stupidity. We now have one of the strongest leagues in the world, but alas, they are all 'shipped in' and our junior league and youth football in is non existant due to funding. This does not bode well for future English squads.

There ya go, from a non football guy !!!!!!!

Ed

you cant beat a Div2 game, few beers before the match, roll up at 2 59 for 3 pm K O pay my £15 to stand behind the goal ...great value for money :LOL:

Btw, why do footballers always use a weekly wage when most of us talk in yearly salary maybe they cant divide by 52 :confused:

many, many people pay to watch the Premiership, worldwide.

£1.7 BILLION income from sky and setanta alone. :eek:

joey barton has always been a loose canon, an incident waiting to happen.

Having said that he is injured and cant play, i dont know what his club has said to him, but why cant he be out over christmas? (mind you if he was home then, he would be at home now!)

As ive said before if they have talent, then its supply and demand. Regardles of wether you agree with it or not, the audience is there, so the sponsership and media intrest is there, hence the large salaries.

Where would you rather see the money go, 'cos i'm sure the clubs owners wouldn't charge anything less than the going rate for admission so the fans wouldn't benefit from players earning minium wage salary.do you think these players would be doing anything else if they weren't paid as much?

Get your self to a rugby league game. Much more exciting :LOL:

My season ticket cost £140 this year for 13 superleague games :D

I dont care what they earn...if someone offered me 100k a week id take it too..

But its the fact that they milking the supporters for it that annoys me...you cant win, if you cant afford to go to a match and decide to watch it on Sky you still get fleeced.

The other thing though about the wages is that smaller clubs are going bust trying to pay them.

Not so long ago players were on lousey money, you only have to look at what they do do a living nowdays 'i'e Neil Webbs a postman.

So good luck to them getitng what they can..how many of us are on 150+ a day..people who cant afford us have to do it themselves. (and most do)

But if they ever introduced a surcharge on materials DIYers bought to top our wages up I'd pack the trade in tomorrow.

(and before anyone points it out..yes its slightly hypothetical on my part becasue im not 'on the tools' anymore)

Sponsored Links
Back