Tory genius solves Britain's foodbank crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
People just need to get better at managing their wealth

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...nK-qyDWD8LQK74o-cp956d5GuNEsXmQgTbB-IFjIvjhzQ
Why do people still vote for the nasty party?

Ihavenojob has posted exactly the same thing: 'people wouldnt need benefits if they managed their money properly'.

These people dont look furtger than their prejudiced belief, so they dont see the suffering. It therefore absolves them from taking any responsibility.

Its the same old stereotyped belief system, underpinned by the Daily Mail.

RWR love to refer to 'benefit scroungers'.......but when you ask for specifics like 'so you mean people that have lost their job due to cancer', or 'soldiers with PTSD'..........RWR say 'dont be silly'. .......and if you ask what % of those on benefits are actually benefit scroungers, you get no answer.

Ihavenojob has posted exactly the same thing: 'people wouldnt need benefits if they managed their money properly'.
Not quite correct, but good try. What I said was, why aren't all people on benefits using food banks? Pretty straightforward question which anyone with 3 degrees should be able to answer. I do feel that some of these people using food banks should be looked at as to why they are using them, and maybe encouraged to alter some of their lifestyle choices so they are less reliant on foodbanks.

I do feel that some of these people using food banks should be looked at as to why they are using them, and maybe encouraged to alter some of their lifestyle choices so they are less reliant on foodbanks.
Luckily the people who give those in need vouchers for food banks are less judgemental and just recognise someone seriously in need.

Sponsored Links
Not quite correct, but good try. What I said was, why aren't all people on benefits using food banks? Pretty straightforward question which anyone with 3 degrees should be able to answer. I do feel that some of these people using food banks should be looked at as to why they are using them, and maybe encouraged to alter some of their lifestyle choices so they are less reliant on foodbanks.

Lifestyle choices? What, like freeze and eat, or stay warm and starve?

Luckily the people who give those in need vouchers for food banks are less judgemental and just recognise someone seriously in need.
I didn't say they weren't in need, there must be a reason they, and not EVERY benefit claimant, are using food banks, and it could well be that a bit of help in budgeting may help them.

If you are not just trolling, I suggest you get along to a food back and speak to some people there.
There are thousands of people literally starving in this country. They don't have mobile phones, designer clothes, and Netflix. They have almost nothing of any value at all and rely on benefits. Most would happily work 40 hours a week if they could. Many are single women with children who cannot work as the cheapest childcare is far more than minimum wage.

It really isn't about them not budgeting. To budget, you need to assets to start with!

Again I will ask, why does it not affect all benefit claimants?
Fags, booze, tattoos are just 3 that spring to mind. "Sorry kids, mums got a new squeeze and I need to get his name tattooed on my arse"

you really don't live in the real world. You're just repeating the BS you read in the papers.

you really don't live in the real world. You're just repeating the BS you read in the papers.
No, I said all this long before it hit the papers.You spoke about vouchers for food banks, well how about paying benefits in vouchers, where they can be used for necessities, like food, energy bill, clothing etc etc. Oh wait, they tried that and it was deemed against their human rights (or something along that line) You really are delusional if you think that I am the one out of touch with reality.

Its based on a false premise like all RWR claptrap. Why are businesses that dont make a profit bankrupt?

People who use foodbanks do so because of cashflow issues. New claim wait a month, a change in a claim wait again, when money is tight you cant just stop eating.

****job is a true heartless c until.

Last edited:
I didn't say they weren't in need, there must be a reason they, and not EVERY benefit claimant, are using food banks, and it could well be that a bit of help in budgeting may help them.
You do know that the people who use food banks are proper poor don't you? Nothing much to budget. One unexpected cost or change in situation can push someone off the edge and into the situation where they can't afford to eat.

You can't just to go to a food bank, people need to get vouchers from docs, schools, social workers etc. They don't just rock up for a handout because they've gone to the pub too many times.. and when you read the stories of people using them, they are ashamed, embarrassed and desperate. That's really, seriously not down to being crap with money.

No, I said all this long before it hit the papers.You spoke about vouchers for food banks, well how about paying benefits in vouchers, where they can be used for necessities, like food, energy bill, clothing etc etc. Oh wait, they tried that and it was deemed against their human rights (or something along that line) You really are delusional if you think that I am the one out of touch with reality.

I don't recall mentioning vouchers. But that is deflecting from the point again. A lot of teachers are seeing kids go to school hungry, with holes in their shoes, no warm clothing, no coats. The parents are not getting drunk and watching Netflix.

Yes, some benefits scroungers exist. They are the minority. Nobody wants to be that destitute. There are a lot of people with nothing. But you don't want to believe it, you want to blame them for their own bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back