Tory genius solves Britain's foodbank crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
After the debunking of the RWR chestnut of why isnt everyone on benefits on Food banks, it's onto the next one.

Pay them in vouchers.

1.Well administering vouchers costs more and is more red tape - so that goes against RWR own rules.
2. Vouchers infantilises these people - we cannot trust them yet educating them if they are poor with money is better use of resources.
3. Unintended consequences. A retired teacher gave provided one example. A lady turned up every week on the dot to collect food, so one day she asked here you seem very organised why are you in need of Food? The lady explained the £5 she saves every week from getting donated food she is using towards getting her daugher a laptop which she needs for school work.

Sponsored Links
You haven't explained what it has to do with anything.

What effect does you not knowing if you've seen something have?

EK6Q7kKWoAAVwnR

You haven't explained what it has to do with anything.

What effect does you not knowing if you've seen something have?
The effect is that I, like many other people, have never seen a truly starving person. Consequently, when others talk about it, the effect is it's not taken seriously enough to prick peoples conscience and get them caring. Now, can you explain why Phillip Greens Yacht is relevant in this topic - that fat **** isn't starving, is he?

Why do we need foodbanks, they weren't necessary years ago.

The effect is that I, like many other people, have never seen a truly starving person.
Why would you? You live in a very very different world don't you? All cosy in your warm house far away from these people.
Homeless people, people on the breadline who can't afford to eat don't wear a sign around their neck do they?

Why would you? You live in a very very different world don't you? All cosy in your warm house far away from these people.
Homeless people, people on the breadline who can't afford to eat don't wear a sign around their neck do they?
What do you suggest I do then? I'm not denying it, just stating a fact. What point are you both trying to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back