Tunisia Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what does it really say. Brits like a cheap deal, or that they're prepared to accept the risks for a cheap deal, and would they also complain if things went wrong again.
Does that not apply to other nationalities?

Sponsored Links
Well as the Germans and French stopped going after the attack, possibly not for all, but as the Russians then went, then definitely for some.

Sponsored Links
Theres about 20 million ready to take flight from north Africa and move to Europe. merkel and the banner wavers said let them come as they please.
Idiots.
So you don't even have to travel anymore to be put in danger.

Hah, you're right CB, it's North Africa. Shows why I failed Geography O level, and I've actually been there on holiday about 20 years ago. It's very odd going round in a t-shirt, whilst the locals are wearing thick jumpers.

But set between Libya, and Algeria, it's still a very bad hot spot. On the basis that there were security guards (ineffectual as they were) at the hotel, that should have suggested a lot to the people staying there.

Or is this an eventual consequence of the pound dropping against the dollar, and just a coincidence of Trump taking office.

Or is this an eventual consequence of the pound dropping against the dollar, and just a coincidence of Trump taking office.
Did you read it all? It's not just the UK. Russia is up tho!!
I was thinking about this the other day that I wouldn't risk going to the US at the mo. I am British, born in the Middle East as my dad was working there. As I've my place of birth on my passport and have had trouble in the States before with spectacularly stupid USA customs officers, how much worse would it be now?

how much worse would it be now?

It could if you were a Muslim as well, believe me. Most of the countries that have dropped off, were predominantly Muslim countries, so it's not unexpected, even though they weren't banned countries, they would have recognised that there would be probems.

It could if you were a Muslim as well, believe me. Most of the countries that have dropped off, were predominantly Muslim countries, so it's not unexpected, even though they weren't banned countries, they would have recognised that there would be probems.
Well, am not Muslim but don't think religion is stated on a passport anyway? I'd like to think it would make no difference but as I said before, traveling to the USA before has resulted in more hassle and that was long before Isis and Trump's stirring.

Your second point about the other countries, yes, of course it's to be expected, but it's still something caused my Trump it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
(tourist) Tunisia - complete dump.
Wherever Tunisia is it is still a hot spot, at the moment I would not go to France or Germany

One goes abroad one takes their chances
You make sure you look BOTH ways next time you cross the road too.(y)

I was watching TV last night, and I'm not sure who the boxer was, but his surname was Ali, and he was asked by USA passport control what his religion was. It is getting a bit OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back