Two reasons not to let a CORGI in your house

Sponsored Links
So ...
£10 and 10 minutes are way out - the massive profit you are pointing to isn't there (motors cost less, the actual reconditioning takes far longer)

A Suprima pcb takes about 1/2 hour to test

For a fitter to quote someone £260 for a profile pcb is just plain robbery

... which is why the customer came to me and another person who will do his own repair and probably not let another CORGI through the door because the trust has gone

Geoff you have a story of a tradesman charging what you feel to be an unfair price, I don't know the ins and outs so could not offer an opinion on it. I am struggling to see the relevance of being corgi though, what does that have to do with prices??

Yes I know motors cost you less than £10, you told me, remember? I was being generous! I didn't say anything about 10 minutes, but I'd be disappointed it you took that long to do a fan.
Presumably you don't have to be there to functionally test a pcb - a noddy PC program could do that. As you don't do any temperature or vibration testing...

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
I am struggling to see the relevance of being corgi though, what does that have to do with prices??

Two customers paid lots of good money for not-very-good repairs. They employed CORGI contractors 'cos it's gas and IT MIGHT EXPLODE!!!!!

A short time later, they find they have to get the same repair done. They do it themselves, against all CORGI's advice , and find they get a better job for much less money.

Could that be the relevance?

Onetap said:
Two customers paid lots of good money for not-very-good repairs. They employed CORGI contractors 'cos it's gas and IT MIGHT EXPLODE!!!!!

A short time later, they find they have to get the same repair done. They do it themselves, against all CORGI's advice , and find they get a better job for much less money.

Could that be the relevance?

No not really, employing a corgi restired person simply means they have the knowledge to work safely on a gas appliance. corgi have absolutely nothing to do with prices or diagnostic skills. I am guessing you have some knowledge of the jobs to say they were not very good repairs, all i can see is one was possibly overcharged and the other one had a hardware failure after the warranty had expired.

and find they get a better job for much less money.

Or an illegal job botched up and done by the incompetent, depending how you look at it.

cdg said:
[Could we stop with the Corgi vs Non Corgi bashing?]

Mr Raden is expsoing rip-off artists. He is also mentioning prices, so people will know when they are being ripped off. Admirable indeed.

At least Raden does not hide his identity and some even says he over publicises his identity. He is also very sociable when you meet him.

WS insists on hiding his identity ! What does that make you think about him?

Tony

customer asks for price. we give price. customer agrees.where is the rip off. customers have a choice.

Agile said:
At least Raden does not hide his identity and some even says he over publicises his identity. He is also very sociable when you meet him.

WS insists on hiding his identity ! What does that make you think about him?

Tony

This one is a clear nut. And they allow him into people's houses too - not only that they let him play with the gas.

raden said:
I had two customers today who syhould serve as a warning

the first was charged £260 + £80 to replace a SUprima pcb (which lasted 14 months BTW, so I had to fix it)

the second was someone else who was quoted (Magic number ?) £260 for a Potterton Profile pcb

Now, ... iof that's not a rip off, I dion't know what is

Maxie, I see you doing a stirling job here. Keep it up.

Waste of Space said:
Mr Raden is expsoing rip-off artists

But he admits charging more than 500% profit when he flogs someone back their own fan. :D

raden said:
... which is why the customer came to me and another person who will do his own repair and probably not let another CORGI through the door because the trust has gone

The customer came to you & `another person` because he could hear the galloping of hooves from his living room.I hope he left enough straw out for your horses....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back