Uk manufacturing

Why did virtually the whole of the EU doggedly claim austerity was the way out of the banking crisis?
If you think Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Spain and UK are virtually the whole of the EU, you're mistaken.
those European countries adopting austerity, including the UK, Ireland, Greece, Portugal and Spain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4952125/

Several eurozone member states (Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Cyprus)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

Sponsored Links
If you think Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Spain and UK are virtually the whole of the EU, you're mistaken.
those European countries adopting austerity, including the UK, Ireland, Greece, Portugal and Spain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4952125/

Several eurozone member states (Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Cyprus)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

Like I said, most of Europe including the whole of the Eurozone and indeed Germany. They had to get spending/borrowing back to the levels laid out in the maastricht treaty.

Public finance deficit must not exceed 3% of GDP for all General government and public debt must be limited to no more than 60% of GDP.

German government unveils unprecedented austerity plan | Germany| News and in-depth reporting from Berlin and beyond | DW | 07.06.2010

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced an unprecedented austerity package involving initial spending cuts of 11.2 billion euros beginning in 2011. The government hopes to save 80 billion euros by 2014.

So, you're wrong, yet again.

In my opinion the government should have used austerity AND investment incentives. The welfare state had grown too large and needed to be slimmed down, but investment incentives could have also been offered to grow the economy at the same time.

Im not sure I agree about the welfare state

Sponsored Links
If Brexit was so bad the EU wouldn’t so worried about it working out.

Contrast that with Germany where management and unions worked together for the good of the company. Germany still benefits from that now.
Similar with Japan except they exhaust their workers to the point of burn-out.

The EU ( garlic munchers ) are desperate that brexit does not work

if it does what’s the point of the EU for any non cap in hand country

The EU ( garlic munchers ) are desperate that brexit does not work

if it does what’s the point of the EU for any non cap in hand country
I see transam is determined to exploit every opportunity for his racially motivated attacks on foreigners.
Transam might convince his supporters that it's just banter, and supporters for his racism, they are judging by the numerous approval ratings he achieves for his racist comments
But it's still racially motivated abuse.
Transam appears to have a following for his racism. It's what he relies on for his approval ratings.

I know I can add fillyboy to his list of supporters also, as I'm sure I remember fillyboy adding his approval to transam relating the story of how his uncle was found pizzed out of his brains, with his trousers round his ankles and his frankfurter in his hand. It doesn't take a genius to work out what transam's uncle was doing in a concentration camp (Auschwitz) full of men, women and children with his trousers round his ankles.

So that's sxturbo, fillyboy, Dangee, Mottie, roughcaster, who encourage and frequently add their approval to transam's racist comments.
Yes we can definitely add fillyboy as another poster who supports your racially abusive posts.
upload_2021-5-8_10-22-34.png

So 6 of the regular posters on here either initiate racially abusive posts, or encourage and add their support to them.
Weirdly, several of them, including transam, claim to be ignoring me. There must be a connection. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No, Brexit is hardly mentioned in European media.
It's interesting to note that the EU, claimed to be undemocratic, provide a legal route for any member nation to leave if they wish.
Whereas, UK, supposedly more democratic, do not provide a legal route for any member to leave if they wish.
In fact, the PM can deny even a referendum on the subject if he so wishes, and he does.
I guess democracy is only what you want it to be to suit the circumstances.

God forbid we should actually manufacture our own products.
Especially when Chinese products are such high quality.

What this country needs is proper designers (trained engineers not accountants) who understand how stuff goes to gether (purpose speeling error), how it will be used and abused to design the stuff for manufacturers. Those designers need to keep current with feedback from the customer/end user so they can design in updates at regular intervals.

When that happens this country can improve.

It probably would help to support the little engineering workshops that one or two man-bands can work in to make small run items. Mates Dad had such a unit in Coventry - was never out of work making runs of 5 to 10 items (mainly 'tools' for much larger companies who could not make in-house).

What this country needs is proper designers (trained engineers not accountants) who understand how stuff goes to gether (purpose speeling error), how it will be used and abused to design the stuff for manufacturers. Those designers need to keep current with feedback from the customer/end user so they can design in updates at regular intervals.

When that happens this country can improve.

It probably would help to support the little engineering workshops that one or two man-bands can work in to make small run items. Mates Dad had such a unit in Coventry - was never out of work making runs of 5 to 10 items (mainly 'tools' for much larger companies who could not make in-house).

All great in theory and it's been repeated many times as a solution. However as much as you think manufacturers / suppliers need to get rid of accountants then the same has to also apply to their customers - because if who you sell to are still run by accountants you know its the cheapest quoted price that will win through.

There is a deeper more complex problem about how our economy is structured, regulated and the incentives and discincentives.

I see transam is determined to exploit every opportunity for his racially motivated attacks on foreigners.
Transam might convince his supporters that it's just banter, and supporters for his racism, they are judging by the numerous approval ratings he achieves for his racist comments
But it's still racially motivated abuse.
Transam appears to have a following for his racism. It's what he relies on for his approval ratings.

I suspect that like me, transams hatred for the French is not simply because they're foreigners, it's because they're complete bell ends.
Nothing racist about that.

Sponsored Links
Back