Unbelievable

Sponsored Links
As you say, unbelievable but sadly this kind of clever marketing only appeals to the egos and the stupidity of people with more money than sense.

If you price something high enough, 50% of people will reject it while the other 50% will believe it must be better.

Ah, it's for "high-quality" audio - people who persuade themselves that the socket they plug the equipment into makes a quantifiable difference to the sound.

File with directional speaker cables.

Edit: £940 for a sodding kettle lead! :eek: :eek:

jwilliams said:
Edit: £940 for a sodding kettle lead! :eek: :eek:

what you didnt see the £1.5k kettle lead

i agree with some thicker speaker cables and interconnects, but this is just silly!

edit: make that £2,570.00! if you get 6ft with the other socket type

Sponsored Links
You should see some of the arguements on avforums.com about this sort of stuff... It's comedy genius.

There's a guy on eBay who sells home made 3-way power cables for about £30-£40 with just as much good feedback as the Russ Andrews ones... I guess you don't always get what you pay for?!

I received the Silver Signature Powerkord last night and could not be happier on its performance...

everything sounds so natural. I can feel the singer if he/she is singing with heart. It's so smooth and silky that I joke to my friends that you can fantasize Sophie Marceau breathing into yours ears and her fingers running up and down your body. Wrong parallelism but the pleasure level is the same!
What he doesn't mention is that it sounded exactly the same before. ;)

The naivety of some people is beyond belief. Maybe now you can understand why "advance fee" fraud is Nigeria's no.2 foreign currency earner after petroleum exports.

Hmmm, a fool and his/her (hey gotta be PC) is eaily parted. Imagine wiring a ring main in this-http://www.russandrews.com/lookup/1/region/UK/currency/GBP/customer_id/PAA1610102406432EHYELOCYOUPVQKSJ/product-Russ-Andrews-Superior-Ring-Main-1015.htm
Might just ring him up and ask for approvals on all his home made tat, is it to BS etc.... :p

Another point:

If you were going to these lengths for that sort of 'aural pleasure' then why on earth would you use a ring circuit over a radial to supply the socket?

Indeed.

One of my ex-customers has fitted a seperate supply with one outlet for his hi-fi.

securespark said:
Indeed.

One of my ex-customers has fitted a seperate supply with one outlet for his hi-fi.
Yeah, great idea. Because the consumer unit with its magnetic MCBs and RCDs isn't gonna introduce any RFI. And the national grid with all its HV lines and substation is immune to RFI too - and power surges. And the electric meter too - that wont introduce any RFI.

These people need a reality check if they think running a seperate radial for a Hi-fi will make any difference whatsoever.

It may be a neurosis that these people have. Or maybe they're victims of 'psychoacoustic phenomena'. Let me explain...

Once, years ago when I used to record bands in my home studio, I was sure I had the EQ (tone control) enabled and was turning the knob as the drummer hit the snare drum. I could actually hear the tone changing as I swept the knob. I then discovered that the EQ was being bypassed and realised, to my amazement, that I had totally imagined the sound changing. Such is the power of the brain's ability to create something out of nothing when we want to believe it.

So Mr Andrews is just selling placebos. But don't tell the poor suckers who're sucking on them :cool: .

I like replacing the Monster speaker cables with bell wire, then challenging the system's owner to tell me when I changed it. Guess how many of them noticed?

Never in the hi-fi magazines do you see a proper, scientific, double-blind trial of any of this stuff.

It's not all *******s though. A £200 Amp and a £200 CD player with £200 speakers really does sound better than a £50 from argos all-in-one system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back