Useless Police..No wonder they can't catch Criminals!!

B

Big_Spark

I just attempted to report some semi organised crime the the Metropolitan Police, they told me to phone the Police were I live, after keeping me on hold for 20 bloody minutes.

So I phoned Essex Police to make the report, "I'm sorry Sir, the activety your reporting is the jurisdiction of the Met, you need to report it to them as we cannot deal with it"

Why the Eff do we pay tax!!

What I was trying to inform the Police about was people bringing stolen cars into the country from eastern Europe with false paperwork and plates from a specific country (Now part of the EU) and they are selling these cars to Immigrants and a growing number of UK residents who don't wish to pay Road Tax, Car Insurance or get MOT's, also I am sure that many of the vehicles get used in other forms of crime.

You would think the Bill would be interested..apparently you and I were both wrong...

So I gave the story to the press :D

Sponsored Links
They're too busy putting new films in the speed cameras to do anything about real crime. :p

Can't remember the last time I saw a 'real' policeman, they are all 'community officers' these days, who don't have the power to do sweet fanny adams.

i would disagree, its not a police problem. but i bet hm customs and excise would love to know

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i would disagree, its not a police problem. but i bet hm customs and excise would love to know

Breezer, it is a Police problem as there are a large number of such vehicles on our roads being driven by people with a total disregard for the safety of other road users.

The importation, I would agree, is a C&E problem, but they are so short staffed they simply cannot deal with the issue.

Which paper did you sell your story too so i can read about it.

Breezer, sorry but you are wrong. importation of stolen vehicles, recloning of identity etc is very much a police problem and it should be dealt with. I think the problem thats been faced is before the police can deal with you, you have to go through a bloody call centre, staffed by civillians who dont have a scooby doo about what you are talking about. It used to be a case that all calls were answered and routed by police officers who could weed the chaff out and often deal with a problem over the phone and resolve. Now, oh no you have to have call handling targets, put in place by the government. So they employ monkeys to answer the phones to reach the targets, regardless of the quality of the advice given. Crap then gets passed down to officers on the street to deal with, that takes up their time which they shouldnt even be dealing with. But hay thats progress and it saves police time doesnt it.....crap.

sorry if i sound bitter but..........i am. I hate things being changed for the so called gfood when its patently not broke in the first place and its done to satisfy league tables and performance figures, with no thought to the actual result. Thank god i left.

By the way the met have a stolen vehicles squad who investigate that very thing and i bet theyd be fuming to find your potential lead has been wasted by a crap calltaker.

Just an aside the reverse situation was true in hull and towns around there a few years ago. Ladas and skodas were being stolen from those towns and exported to russia as they couldnt get the cheap cars over there. Oh how things change

Oh how true you are Thermo, I know a number of people who are all FORMER Police Officers due to the bull that has been intorduced to the system. The Gov' complains that funding is up, but fail to point out that it is paying for airy fairy bull ideas that achieve nothing except create ambiguity, mistrust, dissilusioned officers and a falling of overall standards.

To answer the other question above, The London Evening Standard.

I will perseveer though and try the Police again tomorrow, perhaps I will get a civvy that has a fresh battery in that mish mash they call their brain.

I have, in the meantime, also relayed this, bu email, to Customs and Excise, now the Revenue and Excise Service as this country has no Customs of her own anymore apparently!!

Do you know when the story comes out Engineer??????????????

Freddie said:
Do you know when the story comes out Engineer??????????????

No Idea Freddie, I suppose they will invetsigate for a bit first, they have my contact details so I may get a heads up, if I do I will certainly post on the forum for all to see.

I'm surprised if the DVLA wouldn't be interested, perhaps it's just too far up the red tape!

loublou said:
I'm surprised if the DVLA wouldn't be interested, perhaps it's just too far up the red tape!

I used to see a really beaten up Citroen parked in a public car park, it was in such a state that it was obvious that it wouldn't pass an mot. It had foreign plates and no tax disc. I phoned the dvla road tax hotline, when I eventually got to speak to someone, as soon as I mentioned it had foreign plates they told me that people with foreign plates are given a years grace in which to tax thier vehicle when the come to the UK. Trouble is they rely on the owners being honest, they don't actually monitor the foreign vehicles. :confused:

My daughter used to be in digs which turned out to have been burgled, she reakoned that she may have disturbed them when she came back and recalled a strange car parked nearby so she rung the local police station to say that she may have information that might help them catch the crooks, they declined her help and said that it was very unlikely that they would catch them.Dah! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back