Vaccination cock up!

That's what some people were muttering going into the referendum booths in 2016 (n)
You must be slipping luv. Took you three posts before trying to switch this into a Brexit thread.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I disagree with this polticical point scoring of UK versus EU on vaccine rollout.

We should be proud the UK started vaccinating first and developed the Oxford vaccine.
We should also be pleased the EU has now started the roll out.

She’s fine thanks. A bit disappointed, that’s all. She broke a bone in her foot in February and when the boot was taken off she went into first lockdown. Has hardly been out the house since then so going a bit stir crazy. She was always out and about with bowls club, shopping, popping over to Spain etc. Hardly ever in.

Let's hope she gets the jab soon...without waiting in the cold. (y)

I disagree with this polticical point scoring of UK versus EU on vaccine rollout.

We should be proud the UK started vaccinating first and developed the Oxford vaccine.
We should also be pleased the EU has now started the roll out.

**** me.

Sponsored Links
Some community centre in Basildon.

Don't want to worry you any further, but my brother's partner had her jab in Basildon, along with 3 other carers, and all of them caught covid while there. They said it was bedlam, sounds like the same place.

This is why they need to keep schools shut and use them for vaccinations - much larger places, usually with more parking. And no other patients.

Hope it she's OK.

Don't want to worry you any further, but my brother's partner had her jab in Basildon, along with 3 other carers, and all of them caught covid while there. They said it was bedlam, sounds like the same place.
Sounds like it probably was. Hopefully the SIL pulled her from the queue in time. She won’t be going back there.

Hadn’t moved and one person had been in the queue since 4.00. No social distancing. SIL phoned Mrs Mottie and she told her to pull her from the queue and take her home. Mrs Mottie will be getting on to her mums GP tomorrow to raise a complaint and demand that it’s done in the surgery. The MIL's friends had theirs done at the surgery. What a cock up!

That sounds like total, disorganised chaos - I have been to my surgery a couple of times during the lockdown. They had the waiting room closed and idea was you wait in your car and they ring you to go in the surgery, meet you at the door and lead you to the room. Always with an appointed time and always being called in on time - not for the vaccine yet though.

Me being me, and the bus being so handy I hop on the bus to get there in plenty of time - usually 45 minutes early. For those arriving on foot, there is no shelter, just an open car park to wait around in. You would think the would at least provide a temporary marque to keep the rain off. The waiting room is massive, there used to be 1 waiting to 20 chairs, so it could easily accommodate waiting indoors, in the warm.

They had the waiting room closed and idea was you wait in your car and they ring you to go in the surgery...

It’s like that at our vets and they take your pet off of you at the door. They then phone you in the car to discuss the symptoms and again before they bring them back out to you to discuss treatment etc. Making large numbers of elderly patients queue outside in the dark and the cold is just ridiculous.

I hope your mum is ok.
She’s fine...just hope it’s not raining when and if she has to go back for the second one ! Just found out daughter in laws grandad went to same one and had a fall on the slope ....her mums gone mental about it !

You must be slipping luv. Took you three posts before trying to switch this into a Brexit thread.
So what was that about 'names', old man?

But hey I wasn't the one who brought the EU into this, and I wasn't the one posting the 'anti british' vaccination cock up topic...

Of course if you believe it is ok for you to criticise but not be 'anti british', then given your historical accusations you are a true hypocrite!

Those late shifts at the care home are making you delirious. Go straight to bed when you get home and get some sleep luv.

This is why they need to keep schools shut and use them for vaccinations - much larger places, usually with more parking. And no other patients.

Hope it she's OK.
How do they know they caught Covid at the vaccination centre?

Those late shifts at the care home are making you delirious. Go straight to bed when you get home and get some sleep luv.
You really are a pathetic old man...

Or is it multiple old men?

After all the photo you purported to be of yourself didn't look like the 16 stone porker you claim to be :rolleyes:

How do they know they caught Covid at the vaccination centre?

Because, being people that care for the elderly, they are very careful not to come into contact with infected people. They all caught it in the days following vaccination.
It was the only time they were in close contact with anybody other than their patients.

Sponsored Links
Back