We should give Asylum.

Sponsored Links
For sure. I remember your recent post, blaming your phone for your bad spelling. (y)

My spelling and grammar is bad.. But this Chinese phone of mine doesn't help. Spell check is as rubbish as my spelling

Sponsored Links
My mobile disabilities are of a physical nature (spec's, ham fists, apathy etc) and does not detract from the devices ability to spell check if you choose to use it. Whilst my mobile phone grammar and punctuation (in my opinion) is bad, it is no where near as bad as some of the dross bodd and transam turn out.

My mobile disabilities are of a physical nature (spec's, ham fists, apathy etc) and does not detract from the devices ability to spell check if you choose to use it. Whilst my mobile phone grammar and punctuation (in my opinion) is bad, it is no where near as bad as some of the dross bodd and transam turn out.

Horrible man.

I tried to argue recently that the truth cannot be racist but noseall (said he) disagreed with me - so...

Of course, neither Pakistani nor muslim is a race.

Truth or facts? Two people can believe something to be true which are diametrically opposed.

I tried to argue recently that the truth cannot be racist but noseall (said he) disagreed with me - so...

Of course, neither Pakistani nor muslim is a race.

The problem EFL is that race itself is a social construct - something we use to categorise humans into groups based on their physical or social qualities. It is not something intrinsic and thus you would find it hard pressed to argue you are right and someone else is wrong because it is not based on a factual understanding but your view of what race is versus someone else's.

So you can make the above statement and argue it, but then someone else can refute that- and neither would be wrong. You can't argue with facts but you can with truths as they depend on someones perspective and experience.

The problem EFL is that race itself is a social construct - something we use to categorise humans into groups based on their physical or social qualities. It is not something intrinsic and thus you would find it hard pressed to argue you are right and someone else is wrong because it is not based on a factual understanding but your view of what race is versus someone else's.

So you can make the above statement and argue it, but then someone else can refute that- and neither would be wrong. You can't argue with facts but you can with truths as they depend on someones perspective and experience.

Maybe you need to use the word racist less and aim it even less often as well then.

I'm not that bad. I get by
Didn't mean anything other than we are never too old to learn anything. If you wanted to get better at spelling and/or grammar, then do it :) Keeps the brain ticking over too!
I must admit, sometimes I struggle with some peoples posts even though I understand somewhere like this should be just fun and more relaxed.

Sponsored Links
Back