Calm before the storm

I don’t really get what you’re on about but in my opinion, the right to silence shouldn’t be protected once you’ve spouted off and are questioned about whatever it was you spouted off about.

Sponsored Links
So the 'Right to Silence' can only be defended if it is invoked at the outset?
One cannot choose to 'exit' a discussion at one's own choosing?
But it is what you did. o_O
If one cannot exit a discussion at one's own choosing, would that not mean we would all be locked into discussion for evermore?

Still don’t get what you’re on about. If I say something and others ask me for clarification, I’ll try my best to explain what I mean and if you still don’t agree, we can agree to differ - not spout out, disappear, refuse to answer, repeat ad nauseam 'silly mottie' or put up a logo that says 'tedious picking'. What is it exactly you’d like me to explain about something I’ve stated?

Sponsored Links
Still don’t get what you’re on about. If I say something and others ask me for clarification, I’ll try my best to explain what I mean and if you still don’t agree, we can agree to differ - not spout out, disappear, refuse to answer, repeat ad nauseam 'silly mottie' or put up a logo that says 'tedious picking'. What is it exactly you’d like me to explain about something I’ve stated?
Skip the emotional language. Just defend the 'Right to Silence' for all, including yourself, or not.
I suspect you want to defend that right, when you choose to drop out of a discussion, but want others to forgo that right at your discretion.

"Cosmopolitan" implies that someone is well travelled, worldly, knows more than just their own turf; or describes a place where you'd find such people. It is a compliment, a good thing to be.

"Multicultural" and "diverse" are British loony-left Tony Blair type newspeak words used to make dirty, run-down, crime-ridden hell-holes sound like attractive places.

Not really what my point was if I chose the wrong word so be it... But if I googled what's the most cosmopolitan city in the world I'd get an answer...

The word can be used to describe many things.

But let's not get hung up on it as Brigadier said.. Or words to that effect

Can you expand... I'm not getting what you mean
The UK has always been attractive to immigrants because of its geographical location and its eagerness to accept and encourage workers from say India and Jamaica.

Australia is the complete opposite in that respect.

The USA is similar to the UK. Encourage cheap foreign labour but moan and blame the immigrants for all the countries failings.

Last edited:
Skip the emotional language. Just defend the 'Right to Silence' for all, including yourself, or not.
I suspect you want to defend that right, when you choose to drop out of a discussion, but want others to forgo that right at your discretion.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks. You couldn’t have proved my point any better.

Its remote ness and people were forced to go there rather than encouraged. That lives on in Australia.

Biggest Greek population outside of Athens.
Areas of Melbourne Croatian.
Lots of Italians about 5% Over 60000 Lebanese in Sydney.
95.000 from Iraq.
9 %from New Zealand.
Lots of Vietnamese living in Adelaide
5% from China
Large amounts from the Philippines the Irish

Lots of Torres strait islanders and those from the Pacific Islands.
24% from the United Kingdom (I wasn't forced to go there) My guess is, not many of the others above the UK were forced to go unless there parents dragged them.

Alot would have been refugees who nearly died trying to get there.

A diffrent mix to the US and UK. But most going there for a better life and to grow Australias economy because they want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back