well reasoned debate removed

Sponsored Links
So you're bothered about black peoples hurt feelings, very laudable.
Yet you don't seem to care about ugly peoples hurt feelings, was it their fault they were born ugly?
What about obese people, or disabled people, or stupid people like yourself, who can all be subject to very hurtful comments. Where's your angry wrath on their behalf?
Should the police investigate every insult?

imamartian
we need to avoid personal insults this ads fuel and allows your comments to be edited thus removing from the argument and possibly show you in a unfavorable light :cool:

I think the lefties get a better glow inside from defending the blacks.
They think it makes them look more PC. Defending fatties is so last year.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the Mods should consider deleting abusive/offensive posts instead of deleting the whole thread though?

IMO, far too many threads deteriorate into xenophobic comments, often by the same old posters (and I mean 'old' in the sense of many posts and long active service.)

Unfortunately it can give newcomers and seasoned posters the impression that this site is, on the whole, racially prejudiced because of so many posters allowed to display their wholehearted prejudiced comments, and others to display their slightly xenophopic attitudes.

Their ability to dress-up their comments with 'mod-acceptable' words/sentences and to bypass the word censor should not be underestimated nor tolerated.

Going back to the original post and drawing an analogy:
Some people, when faced with some unruly kids outside, will go out and remonstrate with them, some will go out with the dog to chase them away, some will hide and hope that they go away, others will call the police.
It's all about perception, as is the xenophobia of some posters, which may or not contribute to the whole attitude of this forum, and thus, this site.

What I would add to those xenophobic posters:
If you value this site for its true purpose, don't post comments that debase that true purpose: of offering assistance, allbeit, just DIY, to those in need of it.

Red Herring. Are you in favour of opening all UK borders to the whole world? Or are you a xenophobe too?

Red Herring. Are you in favour of opening all UK borders to the whole world? Or are you a xenophobe too?

What a very silly question: two choices, which appear to be mutually exclusive, no shades of grey in between.

MM would have been proud if he had managed to formulate that question.

BTW, I have no intention of prolonging this discussion just so that some posters have another opportunity for silly comments.

What a very silly question: two choices, which appear to be mutually exclusive, no shades of grey in between.

In other words he can't answer the question. Either you are in favour of opening the borders or you are not. Which is it?

In other words he can't answer the question. Either you are in favour of opening the borders or you are not. Which is it?

I'm pleased to see that you have realised that you asked a very silly question and have now modified it into, at least, a discussable question.

However my answer was, and remains:
BTW, I have no intention of prolonging this discussion just so that some posters have another opportunity for silly comments.

If you can't answer the question why bother replying to it? You are a typical airy-fairy lefty that wants to talk in vague terms without any commitment. Just answer the question or go away and feel very PC. :rolleyes:

If you can't answer the question why bother replying to it? You are a typical airy-fairy lefty that wants to talk in vague terms without any commitment. Just answer the question or go away and feel very PC. :rolleyes:

Joe, you're just an aggressive bigot and you don't like people standing up to you !!

(oh yeah.. and i'm an idiot.... just to save you typing a response.. ;) )

He's not saying anything - just waffling. I want him to say what he believes - not just PC drivel.

If you want to describe me as an airy-fairy lefty being PC because I don't want to write xenophobic comments or I don't want those comments to adversely affect this /forum/site, well I'm happy to be described as such.

I'm certainly more content being described as airy-fairy, lefty or PC than being considered a bigot, xenophobic, racist or prejudiced, whichever word takes your fancy.

If you want to describe me as an airy-fairy lefty being PC because I don't want to write xenophobic comments or I don't want those comments to adversely affect this /forum/site, well I'm happy to be described as such.

Joe, it looks like you've met your match here old boy !!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back