What’s going on in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a risk benefit. It significantly reduces for under 45 year olds who have a very low chance of getting serious Covid. For over 50s it’s a no brainier.

I’m 49, my oh is 37. I will have it without question, I think for her it’s more in the balance. My oldest son is nearly 18 and I’m not sure I’d be advising him to have it.

Sponsored Links
I’m 49, my oh is 37. I will have it without question, I think for her it’s more in the balance. My oldest son is nearly 18 and I’m not sure I’d be advising him to have i

I'm 55 I've had my first jab.

My wife is 48 and is still waiting, like you. As a school teacher, albeit peripatetic music not classroom, she wants the vaccine ASAP, as she gets exposed to loads of children everyday.

I completely concur with your thoughts: 49 definitely, 37 in the balance, 18 meh not so much.

Thankfully takecup here in the UK is 75% -above the herd immunity threshold.

I think there is a risk benefit. It significantly reduces for under 45 year olds who have a very low chance of getting serious Covid. For over 50s it’s a no brainier.

I’m 49, my oh is 37. I will have it without question, I think for her it’s more in the balance. My oldest son is nearly 18 and I’m not sure I’d be advising him to have it.
Does that apply just to the AstraZenica jab or any of them?

Or should a yearly 'booster' become 'required', any of those?

Safe should mean safe for any age group, but the lack of research means that no-one can tell what safe is!

but the lack of research means that no-one can tell what safe is

It is not a lack of research Ellal.

This is a novel virus...pandemics are emergency situations.

You need to understand the risk of the vaccine has to be taken in context with the risk of Covid.

Tell me Ellal would you prefer UKs roll out or would you prefer us to be going into another lockdown like France with massive rising infection rates?

Sponsored Links
Regarding LongCovid - the experts say that over 1,000,000 have it in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully takecup here in the UK is 75% -above the herd immunity threshold.
Herd immunity is approximately 70% of the population, not 70% of certain age groups...

And since this is apparently a 'global pandemic', it would require the same percentage across every country in the world to have an effect...

Of course that will take forever if the current 'jab nationalism' continues!

Plus there is still no real evidence that any of the 'jabs' are 'transmission blocking' ones.

Tell me Ellal would you prefer UKs roll out or would you prefer us to be going into another lockdown like France with massive rising infection rates?
Rather than going down the 'jab nationalism' route, do you not understand that the virus isn't racist?

If you believe what you believe about this 'virus', then you must understand that unless all nations reach the same 'jab level' then what happens in the UK is effectively irrelevant...

Unless of course you wish to seal off UK Plc from the EU/World indefinitely?

Plus there is still no real evidence that any of the 'jabs' are 'transmission blocking' ones.
Is it accepted that the AZ or other vaccines lowers the transmissibility of the virus overall?

Tell that to the coloured community and channel 4 who insist on bleating that it is..
It isn't the virus that is racist, and Channel 4 do not claim it is. You're resorting to fantasy and wild accusations.
If they have an opinion on what is racist, I suspect that they'll conclude that structural racism in UK raises the risk for the ethnic minorities.

Is it accepted that the AZ or other vaccines lowers the transmissibility of the virus overall?
The jury is still out on that one...

It depends on which jab is used apparently (Pfizer is in pole position) and of course who you believe.

Mind you, there is now a new kid on the block - another mRNA 'vaccine', Moderna. Comes with a hefty price too.

Another 'Kerching'!

I don't think that there is any proof, but there is a general assumption that it does, on the number of cases reported.
Otherwise, why the reduction in the number of cases?

The jury is still out on that one...It depends on which jab is used apparently (Pfizer is in pole position) and of course who you believe.
Mind you, there is now a new kid on the block - another mRNA 'vaccine', Moderna. Comes with a hefty price too.
Another 'Kerching'!
I think Moderna has almost been approved hasn't it ellal? That would mean we have 1. AZ 2. Pfizer and now 3. Moderna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what vaccine has been used in Chile? Very high vaccine rate but apparently big rise in cases suddenly.

I think Moderna has almost been approved hasn't it ellal? That would mean we have 1. AZ 2. Pfizer and now 3. Moderna. I don't think people are going to be given the option to choose though
Moderna was the second one to be announced, but the US bought all the supply so when it was approved in January no one paid much attention. We're now looking at 4 options as there's also Johnson and Johnson going through approval, it should be signed off any day now.

There's very limited options for choosing which vaccine you can have. If you've got an allergy you will probably get AZ instead of Pfizer, otherwise you're going to get the vaccine that whatever site you visit uses. Loosely hospitals = Pfizer, everywhere else AZ. Wales seems to have been given Moderna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back