What’s going on in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your linked article, international travel is not restricted. The British and Brazilian variants appear to be dominant. The 'death rate' is not following the same pattern as the 'cases rate'. So while cases may be climbing, the death rate is declining.
There's still the problem of "LongCovid" to contend with

Sponsored Links
Would you expect to be able to pick which flu vaccine you want? Or which of the hundreds of generic drugs you specifically want?

Of course not.
Normally you can, the Flu vaccine isn't in that high demand so you can go buy one from a pharmacy which is sometimes a different brand to the NHS jab. It might kill you as the private jabs weren't suitable for people with weakened immune systems last winter, but hey, that's life.

As to Generic drugs, the NHS has been very good in the last few years about forcing people off expensive brand names for cheaper, equally effective generics. Go NHS!

I've never discovered nor understood why some countries like India has had a much lower mortality rate than ourselves
I think it’s probably because they are a poor country and lack a lot of basic hygiene facilities and that makes them a lot hardier than us softies in the developed countries. Much the same as if an office worker scratched themselves on a rusty nail or got a splinter, they’d most likely get an infection but manual trades people can just shrug off more serious injuries because we have become hardened to it.

Last edited:
It's wonderful that the UK's reduced it's mortality rate but I'm extremely worried how other places are having a third wave - as a species we're all in it together
I've never properly understood why some countries like India for instance has had a much lower mortality rate than ourselves

Less obesity and a younger population.

Sponsored Links

There is also an awful lot of poverty, to which people see them as lesser person and not to bother with them, those that live in the "slums"

I'm not really sure I believe the figures on this basis.

The worse you get it, the more damage it does. E.g a cytokine storm

Maybe because like Africa, there aren't as many old codgers as there are in Western countries.
I supposed it's a mixture of all those type of variables - especially in countries where the age of the population is heavily skewed.
I've not yet properly understood why some countries like India for instance has had a much lower mortality rate than ourselves

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe India are more specific on the cause of death.
In the UK I could be tested Corvid positive on a Monday and die in a car crash on a Tuesday.
My death will be recorded as one which occurred within 28 days of a Corvid test.

Maybe India are more specific on the cause of death.
In the UK I could be tested Corvid positive on a Monday and die in a car crash on a Tuesday.
My death will be recorded as one which occurred within 28 days of a Corvid test.
Your own fault. You should have been self-quarantining, not out and about in the car.
How are the government supposed to know you were killed in a car crash, when you shouldn't have been out?

Your own fault. You should have been self-quarantining, not out and about in the car.
How are the government supposed to know you were killed in a car crash, when you shouldn't have been out?

It was a routine weekly test arranged by work to check for asystematic Corvid on the Monday. The result was not processed until late Tuesday, by which time I was already dead. ;)

It was a routine weekly test arranged by work to check for asystematic asymptomatic Corvid on the Monday. The result was not processed until late Tuesday, by which time I was already dead. ;)
So you were dead before the test results were known?
Therefore you wouldn't have been included in the deaths from Covid figures.

So you were dead before the test results were known?
Therefore you wouldn't have been included in the deaths from Covid figures.
Would that not be classed as dying within 28 days of a positive Covid test result? It’s not dying 28 days after a positive test is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back