What’s going on in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that not be classed as dying within 28 days of a positive Covid test result? It’s not dying 28 days after a positive test is it?

Bang on.......and that is why we have more reported Corvid deaths than other countries.

Sponsored Links
Maybe India are more specific on the cause of death.
In the UK I could be tested Corvid positive on a Monday and die in a car crash on a Tuesday.
My death will be recorded as one which occurred within 28 days of a Corvid test.
the ONS has data for that....the methodology of reporting Covid deaths doesn't change the death rate by much.

Sponsored Links
I think when we looked at India last time this was discussed here, it was pointed out the several million people’s births and deaths go unregistered. Highly likely that there are many deaths not being reported.

Would that not be classed as dying within 28 days of a positive Covid test result? It’s not dying 28 days after a positive test is it?
:rolleyes:
To monitor the immediate impact of coronavirus cases, it introduced a cut-off of 28 days following a positive test to record coronavirus deaths.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-idUSKBN29J2TH
I suspect doctors, morticians, etc would be able to determine if someone has died from an accident rather than an illness.
Unless you and Doug99 think that for every accident induced dead body that arrives in a mortuary, that they're going to investigate to see if they've had a Covid test in the last 28 days?
Even if your outlandish theory is correct, haw many people do you think would have been killed in a car accident while waiting for their test results which may or may not have been positive (which were required by their employer even though they were asymptomatic) to arrive?

You and Doug are moderating your scenario each time it is refuted.
First it was someone dying, after testing positive.
Then it was after testing positive but they hadn't received the results (so how did they know it was positive? :rolleyes:)
The you've reinterpreted the criteria set by the government.

You're as bad as Dangee's show me an example of so and so.
No that's not enough, I want an example of an everyday item.
No that's not enough, I want an example that occurs on Saturday mornings in the local corner shop,
No that's not good enough, I want an example that occurs on Saturday mornings, in the corner shop, that is an everyday item, which affects me. :rolleyes:

I think when we looked at India last time this was discussed here, it was pointed out the several million people’s births and deaths go unregistered. Highly likely that there are many deaths not being reported.
If you don't like the facts, make up your own. :rolleyes:

To monitor the immediate impact of coronavirus cases, it introduced a cut-off of 28 days following a positive test to record coronavirus deaths.
The 28 days cut-off that article refers to is in the context of that it WILL NOT be classed as a Covid death if death occurs 28 days AFTER a positive test.

Every government chart on coronavirus deaths I have seen states that the figures WILL include a death that occurs WITHIN 28 days of a positive test. I read 'within' to be either side of the death. Nowhere I have looked does it say 'after' 28 days.

The 28 days cut-off that article refers to is in the context of that it WILL NOT be classed as a Covid death if death occurs 28 days AFTER a positive test.
Re-read the article:
To measure the longer-term burden of COVID-19, it has separately recorded deaths up to 60 days after a positive test, adding to this figure deaths more than 60 days after a positive test if COVID-19 appeared on the death certificate.​

Every government chart on coronavirus deaths I have seen states that the figures WILL include a death that occurs WITHIN 28 days of a positive test. I read 'within' to be either side of the death. Nowhere I have looked does it say 'after' 28 days.
Do you think the doctors and the morticians are testing every body that arrives DOA, if they were otherwise asymptomatic?
Do you think the doctors and the morticians are testing every body that arrives DOA, if the had died from some other obvious cause?
Do you think that for every body that arrives at the mortuary, the doctors are searching the databases to see if they have any test results outstanding. Even if they did, how many do you think would be positive, and how do you think it will affect the stats?
Do you think the government put a different interpretation on the word "within" at some point?
Between April and August 2020, the government in England had been reporting all deaths after a positive test as a coronavirus death.
You're making up your own interpretation of "within".

There can only be one otherwise it would say 'before' or 'after'. Give up.
According to yours and Doug99's scenario, all DOA arriving at the mortuary will be tested for Covid even if the cause of death is obviously not Covid, or they're going to search for unreturned test results, which may or may not be positive.
It is you that needs to see sense.

According to yours and Doug99's scenario, all DOA arriving at the mortuary will be tested for Covid.....
As I understand it, yes, that’s exactly what happens. I didn’t say I agree with it but sometimes we just have to accept things we don’t agree with. Why don’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back